Turn on thread page Beta

who went to or is at boarding school + did they enjoy it watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    I sense a the green eyed monster in this post

Well your wrong, if you read the 'commonwealth' document on short prose you will find that she actually met an Etonian. Flew half way across the world for a 30 min interview. That is dedication.
    flew aroudn the word for a 30min interview?! Id fly around the world to go shopping at least!... *shakes head**

ReputationRep:

Well your wrong, if you read the 'commonwealth' document on short prose you will find that she actually met an Etonian. Flew half way across the world for a 30 min interview. That is dedication.
    she can't be faulted for effort, that's for sure!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    she can't be faulted for effort, that's for sure!
    Oh without a doubt, the school should stike a special medal of honour for her dedication

ReputationRep:

I always try to blame my lack of success on the fact the females of Oxford tend to be rather frigid, now I know where I go wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BazTheMoney)
    I always try to blame my lack of success on the fact the females of Oxford tend to be rather frigid, now I know where I go wrong.
    We'll find you a nice CLC girl old boy, don't worry

ReputationRep:
    perhaps one form Wavell if you can be bothered to come here!

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, anyone feel like correcting her on the "The Duke of Wellington once said that the FA Cup was played on the emerald playing fields of Eton, and indeed it was so" comment?

I was under the impression that it was the Battle of Waterloo that was "won on the playing fields of Eton" - somewhat more important than an FA cup! As far as I am aware, the FA cup had not begun when Wellington (the famous one) was around.

Also, what is this guy doing still taking exams if he's 19? And what hideous social climbers his parents are :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    perhaps one form Wavell if you can be bothered to come here!
    I was in Brisbane but 6 months ago!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I was in Brisbane but 6 months ago!!!!
    lol! well next time your in town drop us a line..

ok guys i gotta go, im falling asleep here, its been a long day!

goodnight!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    lol! well next time your in town drop us a line..

ok guys i gotta go, im falling asleep here, its been a long day!

goodnight!
    Sure thing

Night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Hehe, anyone feel like correcting her on the "The Duke of Wellington once said that the FA Cup was played on the emerald playing fields of Eton, and indeed it was so" comment?

I was under the impression that it was the Battle of Waterloo that was "won on the playing fields of Eton" - somewhat more important than an FA cup! As far as I am aware, the FA cup had not begun when Wellington (the famous one) was around.

Also, what is this guy doing still taking exams if he's 19? And what hideous social climbers his parents are :eek:
    22 VC's if I remember correctly. Winchester has a measly 4.

ReputationRep:
    No, I may have been here for 3 years, but I still have some standards left.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BazTheMoney)
    No, I may have been here for 3 years, but I still have some standards left.
    Joey will set up anyone with anything though, run while you can!

ReputationRep:
    :eek: This thread is hilarious! That meerkat person is scarily obssessed :confused: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)

i was about to say! Association football rules were only fixed in the late 19th century (80s or 90s), so the Duke of Wellington must have been very good to predict an 'FA cup', and the fact that Eton would win it

who's this 19 year old guy you speak of, Helenia?

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe you all believe in fiction. I am so amused.

ReputationRep:
    *sparkle*

Btw, where exactly is this 'chinese crap' you speak of? Perhaps your mind is wandering again, like when you met the fine Etonian, Nicholas Knatchbull in the Alps, yes?
    check back. its somewhere here in this thread but I take the effort to locate it just for you.

ReputationRep:
    No dear, Meerkat got exposed, this girl is obsessed with Eton and hails from the other side of the planet, this web site is quite disturbing in an overly obsessed kind of way (read the short prose, Alps, the truth and commenwelth and the look at photos):

http://www.freewebs.com/meerkitty/about.htm
    What's wrong with being on the other side of the planet?

Oh and my brother goes to Cambridge, you might meet him when you get there. *sparkle*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meerkat)
    check back. its somewhere here in this thread but I take the effort to locate it just for you.
    Really Meerkat, I would be interested to find out how you would describe 'racist'.

ReputationRep:
    hey she badmouthed an ex Eton guy, isnt that like, breaking one of her golden rules or something? :rolleyes:

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.