Turn on thread page Beta

Effort into friends watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Should you bother putting effort into someone that never texts you first or wants to talk to you??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion it depends on who the person is and why they don't text or talk to you. A lot of my friends don't text, I'm the exception but I don't mind that. If I know someone isn't replying to me, doesn't text me but is always doing it to other people, then I just don't bother. (Dealing with one of those people myself right now!) If you know that the other person is just refusing to put the effort in then definitely don't bother.

At the end of the day, do you think it's worth it? Do you want to talk to said person?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TCH4)
    In my opinion it depends on who the person is and why they don't text or talk to you. A lot of my friends don't text, I'm the exception but I don't mind that. If I know someone isn't replying to me, doesn't text me but is always doing it to other people, then I just don't bother. (Dealing with one of those people myself right now!) If you know that the other person is just refusing to put the effort in then definitely don't bother.

At the end of the day, do you think it's worth it? Do you want to talk to said person?
    Yeah I do want to talk to this girl but initiating text always falls on my shoulders
    Could it be because she has a boyfriend?
    I mean when I do text her she always replies and seems interested to talk but she never texts first!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking the same thing. I have friends from my previous school and I feel I'm the one who is making the effort in contacting them. I can't be honest now.
    If they mean that much to you then I guess you could still try to keep in contact.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's really hard to decide if it's worth the effort :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatOneLegendAdz)
    Yeah I do want to talk to this girl but initiating text always falls on my shoulders
    Could it be because she has a boyfriend?
    I mean when I do text her she always replies and seems interested to talk but she never texts first!
    Are you a guy or girl? If you're a guy then it could be the boyfriend who's making her unresponsive to you.

Personally I will only really text people when I've got nothing else to do and am just sat watching tv or alone. If she has a boyfriend she might not be alone that much maybe. None of my friends really text first, if they do it's because they want to know something or asking if I want to do something. But I know they don't mean anything by it.

As to whether to keep putting the effort in.. When you do talk and when you do meet up do you have fun and really enjoy each other's company? Could you count on her when you need her? I'd say go with your gut on whether it is worth it. Or you could do the risky move and stop texting and see if she notices and asks why, although that isn't always the best idea. (Personal experience.. :P )

ReputationRep:
    I think I'll stop putting the effort in. If she actually wanted to talk she would. It's really hard to always start a convo without sounding desperate for their attention :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 5, 2015
Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.