Scared about 6th Form!!! Watch

grace_parry
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, I have recently received a letter stating that I have been excepted into my school 6th form. My 6th form is a joint one with some subjects at my school and some at a school 5 minutes away. My current AS choices are: sociology, business, geography and travel & tourism. Sociology, geography and travel are all taught at my school and business is taught at the other school. This scares me! I am really scared about having lessons in an unusual environment and not having any body I know in my lessons. I am also considering changing travel to english language, which is also covered at the other school. I know I shouldn't be worried about it at this time of the year but I am. I really don't want fear to stop me studying the options I want. How can get over my shyness in this situation?
HarryBarney
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by grace_parry)
Hi, I have recently received a letter stating that I have been excepted into my school 6th form. My 6th form is a joint one with some subjects at my school and some at a school 5 minutes away. My current AS choices are: sociology, business, geography and travel & tourism. Sociology, geography and travel are all taught at my school and business is taught at the other school. This scares me! I am really scared about having lessons in an unusual environment and not having any body I know in my lessons. I am also considering changing travel to english language, which is also covered at the other school. I know I shouldn't be worried about it at this time of the year but I am. I really don't want fear to stop me studying the options I want. How can get over my shyness in this situation?
You will settle in like it's nothing. The first few days will be nerve wracking but trust me everything will be as it is in Secondary after you get to know people and they get to know you. I started college last year and I felt the same as you, but there's no reason to fear anything which is what I found out when it came to it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
grassntai
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Change Travel to English Language (better subject, more respected) and all I can say to you is just get used to it - when you're older, either for University or for work, you will be travelling a lot and be surrounded by people you don't know. Working in these kind of environments early on will help in developing your confidence.
grace_parry
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by HarryBarney)
You will settle in like it's nothing. The first few days will be nerve wracking but trust me everything will be as it is in Secondary after you get to know people and they get to know you. I started college last year and I felt the same as you, but there's no reason to fear anything which is what I found out when it came to it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you have any tips for the first few days?
STUDYREVISE
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I agree with grassntai. you rather do English rather than travel
Edminzodo
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by grace_parry)
I know a school that works like this. It doesn't matter! You'll be fine. There'll be lots of others in the same boat as you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (222)
28.03%
No (570)
71.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise