Which Units does the AS Mock Contain? Watch

JayGokani
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi! Just had a few questions about the AS Psychology mock which is on Thursday 8th for me!

1) Are all Psychology mocks the same form school to school?
2) How big a deal are they? I've revised like crazy but my friends say they aren't that big a deal.
3) Will Research Methods be in it as we have only covered a bit of that unit in class?

Thank you!
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Each school sets its own 'mock' exams - we use past papers but only on work we have taught. Did your teacher not explain what s/he would be setting e.g. how long the paper is?
smozsolution
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's usually based on what exam board you're on (each exam board teaches different topics in psychology for each unit) and what you've covered in class.

For instance if you do AQA and you've finished all of unit 1, then there's a good chance it'll be a unit 1 paper from AQA.

Mocks are important as they help you guide your revision as they highlight your weaker/stronger areas of that unit. I would treat them as the real thing as they'll serve as good practice and will help but if you don't do as well as expected, then take something from it as it was only a mock and not the real thing.
JayGokani
Rep:
?
(Original post by Muttley79)
Each school sets its own 'mock' exams - we use past papers but only on work we have taught. Did your teacher not explain what s/he would be setting e.g. how long the paper is?
Ah I see, I thought it was something more like the real exams where they are standardised haha.
No, she didn't really explain it, but I guess it's kind of like the GCSE mocks then?
Thank you.
JayGokani
Rep:
?
(Original post by smozsolution)
It's usually based on what exam board you're on (each exam board teaches different topics in psychology for each unit) and what you've covered in class.

For instance if you do AQA and you've finished all of unit 1, then there's a good chance it'll be a unit 1 paper from AQA.

Mocks are important as they help you guide your revision as they highlight your weaker/stronger areas of that unit. I would treat them as the real thing as they'll serve as good practice and will help but if you don't do as well as expected, then take something from it as it was only a mock.
Oh right okay, that's good then! It may not be on Research Methods then! Okay, I see, thank you!
smozsolution
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by JayGokani)
Oh right okay, that's good then! It may not be on Research Methods then! Okay, I see, thank you!
Your safest bet is to ask your teacher for definite as they will know more than us
JayGokani
Rep:
?
(Original post by smozsolution)
Your safest bet is to ask your teacher for definite as they will know more than us
True! The mock is a few days after I go back, so if I revise everything I've coverered and leave Research Methods, then ask her when I get back. Thank you, very true!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (18)
30%
No (42)
70%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed