Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    OKK my UCAS has been sent now, and jus wondering is there anyway i can view my referance??

ReputationRep:
    No, unless you pay for a copy of your whole application.

ReputationRep:
    Or you can ask your referee for a print out to 'check'. This is usually done before your application is submitted (as long as your referee is nice), but I don't suppose it makes much difference. Probably a bit late if you don't like what you see though!

Did you not think of asking to see it before your application was submitted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Easy as ABC)
    Or you can ask your referee for a print out to 'check'. This is usually done before your application is submitted (as long as your referee is nice), but I don't suppose it makes much difference. Probably a bit late if you don't like what you see though!

Did you not think of asking to see it before your application was submitted?
    Well, quite a few schools don't show their students their references.

ReputationRep:
    Ohh belive me i asked, infact i pesterd , and in the end my referee became quite annoyed, because i was always telling him to write my reference, hehe!! but now its gone, i just hope all my things are correct , thanks for all ur help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mustard-man)
    No, unless you pay for a copy of your whole application.
    How would you go about doing that and how much would it be? lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ali123)
    How would you go about doing that and how much would it be? lol.
    erm... I think I saw it (last year) somewhere on the UCAS website. From what I can recall, its approx £10

ReputationRep:
    When you agree to the declaration on your application, you agree that we and the colleges and universities can process your information and keep a copy of your application to collect statistics and detect and prevent fraud. The Data Protection Act 1998 allows you to ask us for a copy of all the information we have about your application. We charge £10 for this service to cover administrative costs. If you would like a copy of the information, please write to us giving your full name, address and Personal ID, and send us a cheque or postal order for £10, payable to UCAS.
    Finally found it!

ReputationRep:
    Makes me glad to some extent that my referee was highly inexperienced - I practically helped her write it with my generous 'tips'. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I had to collect my references off my teachers anyway so I managed to have a good read of them all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirl)
    Makes me glad to some extent that my referee was highly inexperienced - I practically helped her write it with my generous 'tips'. :p:
    Lol, me too!

ReputationRep:
    We were allowed to see our references before they were sent off to UCAS

ReputationRep:
    at my college we go through the reference with our tutors before the application is processed. we check it to say if we want anything changed on it or anything added or if the referee has made any mistakes. seems like the best way to do it to me. i figured it was the same everywhere else. if ur tutor wont let u see it i guess the only way to see it is to pay. in the long term u could bring it up with student representatives to see if the system could be changed for next years students.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spiked_elf)
    at my college we go through the reference with our tutors before the application is processed. we check it to say if we want anything changed on it or anything added or if the referee has made any mistakes. seems like the best way to do it to me. i figured it was the same everywhere else. if ur tutor wont let u see it i guess the only way to see it is to pay. in the long term u could bring it up with student representatives to see if the system could be changed for next years students.
    See, that is a much better method! why don't my school employ the same tactic!! I am not complaining about not seeing my reference because I was able to, but that was after it had been sent. When I got the copy I realised my referee had made a mistake which was a bit annoying!:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I had the same experience at school

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.