Turn on thread page Beta

How many GCSE/AS/A2 points do you have? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    ]vg

ReputationRep:
    So in your system, is an AS and an A2 different? In otherwords if I have an entire A-level, do I still count its incorporated AS as seperate - AS score+A2 score?

ReputationRep:
    You won't see who the cleverest person on TSR is, you'll see who has the most points. Those are different things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arkbar)
    You won't see who the cleverest person on TSR is, you'll see who has the most points. Those are different things.
    :dito: Intelligence and examination performance are completely different factors.

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure you have the correct figures for working out AS and A-Level points? If this is the same as UCAS points then I think you have made an error because 100 points is a B at A-Level for instance, so a double A would be 240 points.

ReputationRep:
    Gcse Only 70.5

ReputationRep:
    GCSE's = 8

Total = 8

I have only done one GCSE, as i am in year 11 this year, so i don't really count do i? :p:

According to your point score system, I now have 215 points which includes my GCSE's (7A* and 2A) and AS-levels (5A and 1B).

If I include my predicted (4A - cross fingers), then I will have 415 points.

Edit: Noticed that I have, so far, the highest score. But I'm sure, I will be easily beaten by those who's taken A2.

ReputationRep:
    The score system is irrelevant for me. I took 5 AS's in year 11 before the ones in my sig so it's just a question of quantity.

ReputationRep:
    Surely an average would be better?
    Eg 10 x A (GCSE) gives 70, as does 14 x C, but I'm sure the majority would agree the former is better.

ReputationRep:
    ^ so now thats not fair.

ReputationRep:
    An average of the best eight?

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs: 75 points
    AS: 80 points

With my predicted grades my AS and A2 goes to: 180

ReputationRep:
    I have got 6 points (one GCSE), damn proud, and no excuses :cool:

Can we give an award to the lowest scorer? They must have passed year 11 though.

ReputationRep:
    gcse 84, as 150 (+pred => 534)

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs: 72.5 (including a self-taught extra taken in Year 13)
    ASs: 90 before resits or 95 afterwards, but they weren't cashed in
    A2s: 190 (including an AVCE taken in Year 11)
    Total: 352.5 or 357.5, but you really shouldn't count ASs and A2s separately.

ReputationRep:
    GCSE: 83.5

It's quite difficult to measure this anyway, since everyone will be at different stages in their education...

ReputationRep:
    73 + 70 + 140 = 283.

Piss-poor, but there you have it.

ReputationRep:
    GCSE = 30
    AS = 100
    A2 = 150

Total = 280

ReputationRep:
    I'm bored and feeling left out I have no results, so will use last year's mocks.

GCSEs = 62.

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.