Has anyone tried to keep a pet in halls? Watch

Epascoe
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi!
So I have a pet hamster. She's lovely. Basically, I'm wondering have any of you tried keeping a pet hamster in halls, and how has it gone?
We have occasional room inspections, but with a week or so warning. We also have security patrols, but they can't let themselves into rooms.
Other halls are allowed pets, like hamsters and fish, but I'm but a poor person and I couldn't afford the rent there.
Any thoughts?
DiddyDec
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It is not worth the effort. We bought a rabbit to live in halls. It stayed hidden for 3 weeks when the cleaner found out so we had to get rid of the rabbit.

RIP Mr Rabbit.
upagumtree
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Epascoe)
Hi!
So I have a pet hamster. She's lovely. Basically, I'm wondering have any of you tried keeping a pet hamster in halls, and how has it gone?
We have occasional room inspections, but with a week or so warning. We also have security patrols, but they can't let themselves into rooms.
Other halls are allowed pets, like hamsters and fish, but I'm but a poor person and I couldn't afford the rent there.
Any thoughts?
Two of my friends somehow managed to keep hamsters without anyone being any the wiser
bearfats
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I wouldn't risk it.

You've got to think of the animal, and it's not fair to risk having to rehome the animal if you aren't allowed pets.
I know that's probably not the answer you want, but you're better off just waiting until you can afford somewhere to live that doesn't mind pets.

My friends used to keep snakes and hamsters in their rooms at college, and they got into a lot of trouble when they were found out and it's also the emotional strain of having the animal taken off of you.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (135)
18.42%
No (445)
60.71%
Not really bothered about them (153)
20.87%

Watched Threads