Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok i've just reinstalled windows on a crappy 1.7Ghz emachines computer. I need the driver for the onboard graphics card (i think its some form of intel thing).

Basically when i go into device manager it says unknown vga controller. Has anyone got any idea how i can find out what onboard card it is so i can work out which driver i need.

I've got the same problem with the onbard sound card

Thanks for any help

ReputationRep:
    Try this, it's called AIDA 32.

ReputationRep:
    Do you know what kind of chipset is on the motherboard?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    Do you know what kind of chipset is on the motherboard?
    nope thats the problem, i got the pc off my uncle and have no documentation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iiikewldude)
    nope thats the problem, i got the pc off my uncle and have no documentation.
    Try the website i gave you, could you not open it to find out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Try this, it's called AIDA 32.
    that program looks like just what i need - although it says something like that site has shut down so i can't download it

Do you think you could send me it somehow?

ReputationRep:
    it may be the Intel 740 video card. If not the only other ones are the SiS ones, I can't remember any of the models though.

Probably only decent part of that E-Machines is the processor! I remember seeing them in PCWORLD and the keyboard would fall apart in your hand!

ReputationRep:
    that program looks like just what i need - although it says something like that site has shut down so i can't download it

Do you think you could send me it somehow?
    I don't actually have it on my computer. I found on a german website, i'll try and find an english version.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    it may be the Intel 740 video card. If not the only other ones are the SiS ones, I can't remember any of the models though.

Probably only decent part of that E-Machines is the processor! I remember seeing them in PCWORLD and the keyboard would fall apart in your hand!
    yep ur right they're absolute *******s. I'd never spend my own money on one - i'd make one myself if i was on a budget.

ReputationRep:
    Try this one.

ReputationRep:
    yep ur right they're absolute *******s. I'd never spend my own money on one - i'd make one myself if i was on a budget.
    I think they have since gone bust anyway. The built in graphics cards also cause a lot of problems like the one you're having now for starters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Try this one.
    thanks mate but that link's broken too.

ReputationRep:
    thanks mate but that link's broken too.
    Try this one.

ReputationRep:
    cool, thanks g4ry got a similar program. Its an intel 8485 bllllahh bllhaha. Installing the driver right now

ReputationRep:
    cool, thanks g4ry got a similar program. Its an intel 8485 bllllahh bllhaha. Installing the driver right now
    Hope it solves the problem.

ReputationRep:
    cheers i'm on the pc in question right now

Now to get the onbard soundcard to work.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.