Clinical psychology- best type of experience?

Watch
Twinpeaks
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm trying to research the best route to clinical psychology and all the advice out there is overwhelming.

Firstly, is research experience any use? Such as research internships during my degree and research assistant roles afterwards. Or is hands on experience within mental health care settings better? Such as a mental health support worker.

Do the majority of people on clinical doctorates have masters related to clinical psychology?

Thanks. I know clinical psychology is so incredibly difficult to get into, are there any related routes worth pursuing?
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
In the Psychology uni courses forum there's an FAQ for clinical psychology
JamesManc
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Just give up now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (28)
9.62%
Okay (86)
29.55%
A bit lacking (105)
36.08%
Not good at all (72)
24.74%

Watched Threads