Drooping an AS level early Watch

harrisond
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
What do Universities think of this? I want to drop Philosophy early because I really dislike it and it would help me feel less stressed about history, sociology and psychology. I understand I am half way through already but I have hardly revised for it, and would prefer to spend time on the others.
JakeButlins
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You sound like me - I'm doing Business, Geography, ICT and English - I want to drop them all, but I'll sit the exam in June etc, and then I'm going to a college not sixth form to do a course thats 90 credits anf like 3 alevels. Will universitites think I'm stupid?
DanTaylor
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You're half way through your AS year. Although you may not have revised for Philosophy, you should still remember quite a lot of what's already been taught. Why waste that knowledge by dropping out now? I'd see that as a waste of time.
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's obviously not going to help you in respect to admissions but if it genuinely is making you miserable, it is perhaps worth considering. You should definitely talk to your head of year first though because it's not a decision to be taken lightly.
loperdoper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you feel it'll detract from your other subjects, then drop it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (149)
27.54%
No (392)
72.46%

Watched Threads