The Student Room Group

What do you need in terms of percentage for an A*?

Like what percentage do you need for AS and what percentage do you need for A2?

I'm pretty sure it's 90% for A2?
But I'm not completely sure.
You need 80% overall, so if you got 90% at A2, then you need at least 70% at AS.

Below 70% at AS, and you'll need higher than 90% at A2. As long as your average over two years is 80%.
Reply 2
Original post by loperdoper
You need 80% overall, so if you got 90% at A2, then you need at least 70% at AS.

Below 70% at AS, and you'll need higher than 90% at A2. As long as your average over two years is 80%.

With all due respect are you sure? That sounds lenient.
Reply 3
I'm pretty sure you need at least 80 percent average for AS and A2, but, you also need at least 90 percent in your A2 modules.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im sure its 80% for AS and 90% for a2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NateSimms

That's definitely correct :yep:
Original post by prowster
I'm pretty sure you need at least 80 percent average for AS and A2, but, you also need at least 90 percent in your A2 modules.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Hanz_a93
Im sure its 80% for AS and 90% for a2

Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't need 80% at AS :smile: if you got 60% at AS and 100% at A2 you'd get an A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You need:

-80% overall
-90% average across your A2 modules (say you've got two A2 modules, you could get 80% in one and 100% in the other)
-For maths, you need 90% average across C3 and C4 rather than all 3

So if you get 100% at AS and 89% at A2 you'll get an A, but if you get 70% at AS and 90% at A2 you'll get an A*.
Original post by paradoxicalme
You need:

-80% overall
-90% average across your A2 modules (say you've got two A2 modules, you could get 80% in one and 100% in the other)
-For maths, you need 90% average across C3 and C4 rather than all 3

So if you get 100% at AS and 89% at A2 you'll get an A, but if you get 70% at AS and 90% at A2 you'll get an A*.

This.
Original post by NateSimms

Yep, I'm sure. It's not really that lenient, 90% at A2 is pretty difficult imo.

I'm reading off the sticky, which explains the exception for Maths in case you take it.

Quick Reply