Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm asking on behalf of a relative just so that I can advise on their behalf.

My relative recently changed course at uni after her second year in uni and although she had extenuating circumstances and the medical records to back her up, she was unable to get student finance to pay their tuition fees.

She was suffering from depression as mentioned had full support from her doctor. She has been forwarding medical proof from the doctor but they keep refusing to pay her tuition fees.

Student Finance agreed to pay her grant and maintenance loan but not her tuition fees and she can't access majority of her uni material online etc.

I don't understand how they can partially pay, it's pointless..

What are her options?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UberAspie)
    I'm asking on behalf of a relative just so that I can advise on their behalf.

My relative recently changed course at uni after her second year in uni and although she had extenuating circumstances and the medical records to back her up, she was unable to get student finance to pay their tuition fees.

She was suffering from depression as mentioned had full support from her doctor. She has been forwarding medical proof from the doctor but they keep refusing to pay her tuition fees.

Student Finance agreed to pay her grant and maintenance loan but not her tuition fees and she can't access majority of her uni material online etc.

I don't understand how they can partially pay, it's pointless..

What are her options?
    Thank you for posting , her best opinion is seek a lawyer to take them to the court,

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 6, 2015
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.