Turn on thread page Beta

PC to TV Bios error. Advice please :) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I recently bought a new computer and it's been fine when I was at home with a DVI connection to my monitor, but i've recently moved back to my halls at uni and have only got my tv as a monitor.

When I plugged in the HDMI cable to the tv I got no signal and no boot up screen appeared, which i'm assuming is because a setting in the bios isn't set to boot up hdmi.

Therefore i'm thinking of purchasing a DVI to HDMI converter, assuming that the pc would therefore detect is as a DVI and show the boot up screen but I can still connect it to the TV via HDMI.

Really wondering if this would work or am I completely off?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JammyGit07)
    Hey guys, I recently bought a new computer and it's been fine when I was at home with a DVI connection to my monitor, but i've recently moved back to my halls at uni and have only got my tv as a monitor.

When I plugged in the HDMI cable to the tv I got no signal and no boot up screen appeared, which i'm assuming is because a setting in the bios isn't set to boot up hdmi.

Therefore i'm thinking of purchasing a DVI to HDMI converter, assuming that the pc would therefore detect is as a DVI and show the boot up screen but I can still connect it to the TV via HDMI.

Really wondering if this would work or am I completely off?

Cheers
    If your PC has a graphics card, connect the TV to the graphics card and make sure nothing else is connected. And of course select the right TV input.

ReputationRep:
    DVI to HDMI should work as they're basically the same thing but you won't get any sound through the TV.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    If your PC has a graphics card, connect the TV to the graphics card and make sure nothing else is connected. And of course select the right TV input.
    (Original post by Camoxide)
    DVI to HDMI should work as they're basically the same thing but you won't get any sound through the TV.
    Thanks guys, DVI to HDMI worked slightly but screen quality was terrible, however the mini hdmi to hdmi that's plugged directly into the graphics card like Iqbal007 reccomended is working perfectly

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.