The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Midwifery interview!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by DaniEllaWynn1
Same really, I don't want to move there though! Too much hassle/too far.
I really wish Edge Hill would reply, but my PT at college said none of her midwifery applicants have heard back off them yet.
What college are you studying at?😊

Same edge hill would just be perfect haha and I'm doing a levels at west lancs college in skem you?
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Original post by sally76
Hi girls ! Try not to stress Edge hill took 6 months to get back to some of us ! Were nurses at Edge hill starting this April. It wasn't long before we knew we had interview's but after interview some of us waited from 6 weeks to 6 months !
Good luck

Ah that's not too bad then, put my mind at ease that has:-)
Thank you!
Original post by ShanLang
Same edge hill would just be perfect haha and I'm doing a levels at west lancs college in skem you?

Oh nice! My cousin went there:-)
I'm at Winstanley College, sitting A Levels too:-)
Reply 23
No problem and my friend is a 2nd year midwifery student at Edge hill she loves it ! Good luck
Reply 24
Original post by sally76
Hi girls ! Try not to stress Edge hill took 6 months to get back to some of us ! Were nurses at Edge hill starting this April. It wasn't long before we knew we had interview's but after interview some of us waited from 6 weeks to 6 months !
Good luck

Aw thank you that puts my mind at ease a little!!
Hey I'm not too far from you guys, I live in Liverpool :smile: I've been rejected from Salford and so far I've had one interview but I have edge hill on friday and I'm terrified!!:s-smilie: Any way on the what to wear thing, at my last interview I just wore a plain black dress with tights and everyone was dressed similarly so I'd just go with sort of office wear :smile: good luck! x
Reply 26
Original post by becky-emily
Hey I'm not too far from you guys, I live in Liverpool :smile: I've been rejected from Salford and so far I've had one interview but I have edge hill on friday and I'm terrified!!:s-smilie: Any way on the what to wear thing, at my last interview I just wore a plain black dress with tights and everyone was dressed similarly so I'd just go with sort of office wear :smile: good luck! x

Oo thanks for the advice! Good luck with edge hill!! X
Oo thanks for the advice! Good luck with edge hill!! X

Aw good luck and thank you for the tip!😊
Hey!! I also have an interview at Bangor for Midwifery on the 2nd of March too!! I am very nervous but excited about it! Im not to sure what to expect! x
Reply 29
Original post by JessicaPlimley
Hey!! I also have an interview at Bangor for Midwifery on the 2nd of March too!! I am very nervous but excited about it! Im not to sure what to expect! x

Same here I've never had a midwifery/university interview before so I'm completely clueless, so nervous! x
Same here I've never had a midwifery/university interview before so I'm completely clueless, so nervous! x

Is yours also in Bangor? what is it that you are doing in college? I'm on the last few months of an access to HE course. x

Shall see you there too then! Yeah it's nerve wrecking! Haha
Reply 32
Is yours also in Bangor? what is it that you are doing in college? I'm on the last few months of an access to HE course. x

Yeah it is at bangor! I'm doing a-levels in business studies, psychology and english. So excited to see bangor I've never been before because it was my last choice, where else have you applied? X
Shall do! oh that's cool, Bangor was also my last choice and I'm still waiting for UCLAN and Edge Hill and Chester to reply. Got knocked back from LJM x
Reply 34
Shall do! oh that's cool, Bangor was also my last choice and I'm still waiting for UCLAN and Edge Hill and Chester to reply. Got knocked back from LJM x

Aw I'm still waiting for edge hill too that's my first choice. Yeah I got knocked back LJM too 😒 x
I live in Wallasey you see so I was hoping for somewhere close, so hopefully we will hear back from them soon! Obviously we were to good for LJM haha x
Reply 36
I live in Wallasey you see so I was hoping for somewhere close, so hopefully we will hear back from them soon! Obviously we were to good for LJM haha x

Yeah I live in skelmersdale so I wanted somewhere close too, and yes that is definitely what I'm putting it down to haha we were too good x
Hey ladies

good luck with your interviews. I qualified 3 years ago and love the job. Hard work but totally worth it. However if you think its like one born or call the midwife you will be very disappointed :smile:

babycatcher
Original post by Audiology-Med
Iv had Pharmacy and Audiology interviews in the past due to gap year and change of heart of subject wanting to study; some similar questions from both interviews;

1, Why did you choose your specific ALevels / Btec - relate it to midwifery
2, Why in this case Bangor - talk about the university and the city
3, Tell us something about your self
4, Why Midwifery
5, Whats your weakness and whats your strength ( For weakness spin it around to strength e.g. I'm not good at public speaking but I have taken part in presenting the news in assemblies and feel like I have improved in speaking to a large crowd)

6, Know something recent in the news about Midwifery.
7, Whats your hobbies

8, where do you see yourself after graduation/ 10 years time

they the ones I can think of yet, Good luck on your interview :smile:

EDIT: Also I think for midwifery you might have to do an maths and english test, I think thats the case because Nurse applicants have to

You need to understand and be able to discuss the key themes in maternity services at the moment, what is a midwife and why they should pick you over all the other applicants they get. There are reports on maternity services out there. find out what changes you expect to happen. You will be expected to have done some reading on the subject and profession.

hope that helps
If your not on one of the student midwifery forums, why not. They hold a wealth of knowledge, information and support.

Quick Reply

Latest