The Student Room Group

Student Finance - When do I get paid?

My next student finance grants goes to my bank account tomorrow (5th Jan) but I've realised my old savings account bank details were on my form so my money is meant to be paid into that account.

But I've recently upgraded to a debit card (with the same branch) but my account details such as account number are completely different, so will my money go into my current account tomorrow or do I have to ring Student Finance to change my details? Bare in mind, to change my bank details on the Finance site I have to include my old details in order to submit my new details but I no longer have the old bank details such as sort code etc.
I think you'd have to ring up and get it switched, seeing as you've a different account number which presumably implies a different account in itself, I may be wrong.

No harm in calling in to ask though, if you can bear that rather annoying waiting tone and useless robot authentication service.
You have to ring student finance and change your details.
if you still have the savings account let the money be paid in then transfer it or withdraw the money and pay into the new account. It will probably have been too late to stop the money going there anyway. You can find the details of your old account by asking your branch or student finance. Yu shouldnt throw away details of old accounts for 7 years.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending