Do I need 4 A-Levels? Watch

Gwynii
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So I'm going to college next September to study Media Studies, Sociology, the compulsory Welsh Bacc with WJEC, and I was going to take World Development. But the college doesn't display it on their list of options anymore so I'm assuming they didn't have enough interest

The problem now is that I have to find another A-Level or at least I feel I need to. Does Welsh Bacc compensate as a third A-Level or do I need to choose another? If I were to, I would go for Psychology but I hear the workload is difficult to get a grips with and it would certainly not help if you're not organised (guilty!)

Any help appreciated!
morgan8002
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nearly all university courses only care about your top three A-levels, so taking four doesn't put you at an advantage over someone taking three. You might want to take four as insurance if you don't do well in one of you ASs. If you're only taking four because you're expected to, you shouldn't. If you enjoy the subjects, you should. You will learn extra skills etc. that may be useful.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (155)
45.59%
Pro-humanity (185)
54.41%