Turn on thread page Beta

Do you grow out of this? How many people on here have? Ive looked on the ent but different articles say different.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Do you grow out of this? How many people on here have? Ive looked on the ent but different articles say different.
    i got bad eczema on my hands when i was young, it was awful, and wouldnot go. i had to go to the docs, and he gave me this cream, i had dermatitis, i had to have tests and stuff to see if i was allergic to anything cos it was soo bad. BUt then i went to this holistic woman, and she gave me some pills, and it went away. This was about 9 years ago, recently it has come back, but no way as bad as before, but it was still bad i you know what i mean, this time i went to a spanish pharmacist- qualified, and he said never put cream on it, it just pushes it back into the skin. i took his advice and it went in like 2 days, i was soo shocked! i dunno if that helps, but i mean all i did was when i washed my hands i sprayed it with antiseptic spray.. then put cotton gloves on. Now i get the odd patch, but believe me, i can live with it! its nothing.

ReputationRep:
    sorry that wasnt suposed to come out as anon

ReputationRep:
    Had it when i was a kid, on and off but not particularly bad. then was totally clear for like 10 years, now its starting to come back a bit but easily managed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Had it when i was a kid, on and off but not particularly bad. then was totally clear for like 10 years, now its starting to come back a bit but easily managed.
    like the other two replies - I had it bad (on my hands) when I was young, then it went away. About 9 years after that it returned, not as bad but very persistant. The only thing that got it under control was a cream from a TCM practitioner. Eventually it went away, I havent seen it for about a year now.

ReputationRep:
    i had it bad at one point when i was 15 on my arms back and cheeks (swimming to much = to much chlorine contact :\) the face and back went within a week and a month respectively, but I had the eczema on my arms (elbow joint area) for about 5 months? They gave me a steroid cream for it, and to change my diet, along with using moisturiser whenever I swam. I found the latter 2 helped the most, I went to a dermatologist and they told me to watch how much chocolate I ate during the time I did and it helped.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 23, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.