The Student Room Group

Am I gonnna get kicked out of college?

Here it is.

I've been at college for about 4 months now and I'm already having a horrible time. This is no ones fault but my own but I've always been really lazy and struggle to find motivation. I have over average intelligence but I'm just lazy. I did average in my GCSEs but well under what I was expected and I would of thought this would be a wake up call and that as soon as I got to college id buckle down and work hard but it hasn't happened. I now study film studies, film and video, English literature. I could of studied four but I knew Id be too lazy to take on four. As you could probably tell I wanna work in the film or television industry and Ithink I have the talent but I'm too lazy to do any work even though I know I need to. I always procrastinate and always find something better to do. I always convince my self that I have loads of time but it always creeps up and then I'm screwed. At the moment I'm doing okay in lit and film studies but I think most likely gonna fail film and video due to the unexpectancy of all the work I'd have to do. So if I fail film and video and get kicked out of college because I'm only doing 2, is that it for me? Or can I apply to another college? I'm in my first year
You can apply to another college to resit and possibly do different subjects, but seriously, just find the motivation to study I guess. I have a similar problem, I'm not lazy, but at times I struggle to find the motivation to work. The trick is to find when you work best, for me its early in the morning 6-8am and the evening 6-9pm... Past 9pm I shut off because I literally cant function. But yeah, find when you work best and don't consider leaving as an option- work hard!

Too bawse for you, sir.

Quick Reply

Latest