Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I applied for it in the christmas holidays ...its my first choice uni ....anybody else here who has applied/firmed/currently studying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by realunited)
    I applied for it in the christmas holidays ...its my first choice uni ....anybody else here who has applied/firmed/currently studying
    I applied in the holidays as well, got a welcome email the other day but no offer yet. Defiantly my first choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THEJK1305)
    I applied in the holidays as well, got a welcome email the other day but no offer yet. Defiantly my first choice
    Me too

ReputationRep:
    got my offer before christmas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shedders15)
    got my offer before christmas
    Awesome! When did u apply? Are u firming this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Awesome! When did u apply? Are u firming this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's between here or york! But york havent replied yet. The only thing slightly pushing me towards York is that my girlfriend is at lancaster so I've been visiting there for 2 years already! So whilst everyone else will be discovering things for the first time I will have already experienced it! Not a big thing I know but something to take into account I guess haha. Is there anything you have been wondering about the uni/city? I might be able to help?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's between here or york! But york havent replied yet. The only thing slightly pushing me towards York is that my girlfriend is at lancaster so I've been visiting there for 2 years already! So whilst everyone else will be discovering things for the first time I will have already experienced it! Not a big thing I know but something to take into account I guess haha. Is there anything you have been wondering about the uni/city? I might be able to help?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My brother studies here so I have visited the campus and city!
    But I do want to know if the clubs are strict with age ? I'll be turning 18 only in December 2015 :no: ..so wanted to know if I could slip in ? (I'm not a drinker though).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My brother studies here so I have visited the campus and city!
    But I do want to know if the clubs are strict with age ? I'll be turning 18 only in December 2015 :no: ..so wanted to know if I could slip in ? (I'm not a drinker though).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The big clubs are quite strict i.e sugar and elements have always checked my ID even though I look about 25 haha but smaller ones like hustle I have never been checked at. As long as you are in with a group of people though you will probably slip in most nights! Just have a look at the front of the queue and see if they are checking ID or not!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The big clubs are quite strict i.e sugar and elements have always checked my ID even though I look about 25 haha but smaller ones like hustle I have never been checked at. As long as you are in with a group of people though you will probably slip in most nights! Just have a look at the front of the queue and see if they are checking ID or not!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I see....just curious ...ur gf is in lancaster right...dont u want to join her there?

ReputationRep:
    I see....just curious ...ur gf is in lancaster right...dont u want to join her there?
    I'd love nothing more than to join her there! But she will be a 3rd year and I could definitely see myself distracting her from her studies! Also it would be very tempting to spend more time with her and her housemates rather than making my own group of friends and having my own university experience if that makes sense. I'm not ruling it out though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd love nothing more than to join her there! But she will be a 3rd year and I could definitely see myself distracting her from her studies! Also it would be very tempting to spend more time with her and her housemates rather than making my own group of friends and having my own university experience if that makes sense. I'm not ruling it out though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :yep::top:....completely agree.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :yep::top:....completely agree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which college will you apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Which college will you apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lancaster Leeds Kent Manchester(got conditional) and reading

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lancaster Leeds Kent Manchester(got conditional) and reading

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nice, this waiting game is killing me. I've still to hear back from nottingham durham and York. I'm so impatient haha when did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nice, this waiting game is killing me. I've still to hear back from nottingham durham and York. I'm so impatient haha when did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    30th December ....yeah keep checking email every 10 mins...:rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.