Private candidate, predicted grades and exam centre Watch

Fatemah4
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am an international applicant currently studying A2 in a school
I took AS Physics last year in my school, but I am studying it privately this year
I need the physics teacher approval to sit the A2 Physics papers in my school as a private candidate , I talked to the teacher she said I will give you a test this Thursday, if I was satisfied with your mark I would give the approval
If my mark didn't reach her expectation, then I have to write my exam in the British council and she won't give me a predicted grade. So can my referee ( my biology teacher) give a predicted grade for Physics according to my AS grade ?
And how should I add British council as the centre in which I am going to give my exam in UCAS ? What should I choose for the starting and finishing date as well as attendance ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
SlowlorisIncognito
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Fatemah4)
I am an international applicant currently studying A2 in a school
I took AS Physics last year in my school, but I am studying it privately this year
I need the physics teacher approval to sit the A2 Physics papers in my school as a private candidate , I talked to the teacher she said I will give you a test this Thursday, if I was satisfied with your mark I would give the approval
If my mark didn't reach her expectation, then I have to write my exam in the British council and she won't give me a predicted grade. So can my referee ( my biology teacher) give a predicted grade for Physics according to my AS grade ?
And how should I add British council as the centre in which I am going to give my exam in UCAS ? What should I choose for the starting and finishing date as well as attendance ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you're applying through a school, but sitting some external exams, this does make your situation a bit complicated.

Firstly, if your referee is happy to give a predicted grade, then they can do- it doesn't have to come directly from your teacher. If they are not happy to give a predicted grade, they need to explain this in the reference.

If you have to sit the exam via the British Council, you might want to contact UCAS for advice as to how to add this to your application, or they may be able to advise you how to do this.

Hopefully, you can pass your test, and sit the exam through your school.
neal95
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I am resitting exams as an external candidate this year and had to get a reference from my tutor. They were unable to provide predicted grades, but I already had A2 grades of BCC, so the reason must have been explained in the reference discussing my potential to achieve the desired grades. Either way withiuth predicted grades I have received one offer and hope for more
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (282)
27.35%
No (749)
72.65%

Watched Threads