How to keep a girl intrested via text? Watch

Jean Luc Picard
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi there,

I met a girl at a party at the end of Christmas, and we hit off. However we both go to different Universities however we live quite near each other, so we won't be able to meet up for a while. Is there any tips on how to keep her intreseted via text until we both get time to meet up?

Thanks in advance! x
Emily.97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jean Luc Picard)
Hi there,

I met a girl at a party at the end of Christmas, and we hit off. However we both go to different Universities however we live quite near each other, so we won't be able to meet up for a while. Is there any tips on how to keep her intreseted via text until we both get time to meet up?

Thanks in advance! x
What will be will be. Just be yourself, text her when you want to and offer to meet up sometime perhaps. Don't take it to heart if nothing develops straight away- you obviously both have uni to consider too.
Steezy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Play cool, text minimally, leave her waiting a bit., arrange to meet up ASAP as relying on texts too long will heavily diminish your chances.
Jean Luc Picard
Rep:
?
(Original post by Emily.97)
What will be will be. Just be yourself, text her when you want to and offer to meet up sometime perhaps. Don't take it to heart if nothing develops straight away- you obviously both have uni to consider too.
Okay! We've been texting constantly for a few days, however she's reduced that now. Do you think she's losing intreset or she's just trying to play cool. I know it's difficult to answer but any advice would be welcome!
Emily.97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Okay! We've been texting constantly for a few days, however she's reduced that now. Do you think she's losing intreset or she's just trying to play cool. I know it's difficult to answer but any advice would be welcome!
That's difficult for me to judge because I don't know her and how she behaves. But honestly- don't look in to it. As you said, you're both at uni so she's probably working, it doesn't mean her texting behaviour indicates she's not interested. Just go with the flow, and see what happens!
datpiff
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Arrange to meet up ASAP. Don't play into her text game. She's probably texting loads of guys. Maybe I'm not the best person to give advice? I hate text. I hate the games girls play via text. The type who have their phone with them 24/7 but take years to give you a reply just to piss you about. I don't give women my Facebook either. I prefer calls. You get an answer straight away.

Never look into things and think too much. If she doesn't text back in decent time don't bother putting too much energy into her because she's probably not interested and you're one of the many guys on the side.

Posted from TSR Mobile
DeadGirlsDance
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
**** pics
Jean Luc Picard
Rep:
?
(Original post by Emily.97)
That's difficult for me to judge because I don't know her and how she behaves. But honestly- don't look in to it. As you said, you're both at uni so she's probably working, it doesn't mean her texting behaviour indicates she's not interested. Just go with the flow, and see what happens!
I think I might text her saying if she's back home during a weekend or reading week that we could meet up then and leave it for a while; to try and gauge her reaction. But as you said 'going with the flow' is the best option!
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
She may not want to come across as clingy by constantly texting.
Jean Luc Picard
Rep:
?
(Original post by DeadGirlsDance)
**** pics
Maybe as a last resort!
DeadGirlsDance
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Maybe as a last resort!
Oh sorry
Jean Luc Picard
Rep:
?
(Original post by DeadGirlsDance)
Oh sorry
Slightly too kinky for so early on. I might stick to normal texting for now! But thank you!
TorpidPhil
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Slightly too kinky for so early on, however, you never know it might work! :confused:
No.
Shoppe
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi there,

Thanks in advance! x
Hi jean.

Firstly don't listen to the women giving you advice, they have no experince in dating heterosexual women as a young man.
Jean when texting girls you should be
A) texting to build comfort in order for them to want to meet
B) Arranging the logistics of meeting up
thats it, keep your texts short and concise, text less then her, ideally text 2/3rds as much as she texts you.

Best of luck
Jean Luc Picard
Rep:
?
(Original post by Shoope)
Hi jean.

Firstly don't listen to the women giving you advice, they have no experince in dating heterosexual women as a young man.
Jean when texting girls you should be
A) texting to build comfort in order for them to want to meet
B) Arranging the logistics of meeting up
thats it, keep your texts short and concise, text less then her, ideally text 2/3rds as much as she texts you.

Best of luck
Thanks Shoope! The intresets is there, I think it's the logistics of meeting up which is the main stumbling block at the moment, and I'm unsure on how to get around it!
Eveiebaby
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I can't be arsed to text constantly. It can run out of steam too quickly and it's too hard to maintain.
I prefer purposeful texts. Texts to meet up and perhaps a couple of texts a day is absolutely fine.
Maths and cheesecake
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Seems like she does like you but you haven't exactly swept her of her feet, so don't over text her, she might be busy with studies and get annoyed, but also don't ignore her, text her from time to time, maybe once or twice every other day.

If you really like each other then thats a different ball game, I remember meeting a girl at a similar party and we hit it off, we would text profusely and be on the phone for hours talking, fell asleep couple of times while still on the phone with her because we would chat to 3-4am.
Jebedee
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Steezy)
Play cool, text minimally, leave her waiting a bit., arrange to meet up ASAP as relying on texts too long will heavily diminish your chances.
This. Texting should only be used to bring you closer to meeting. If you natter too much you'll spoil the mystery or mess up somewhere.

Give a guy too much rope and he'll hang himself.
Anonymous #1
Report 3 years ago
Ask to see her t*ts.
queen-bee
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Foo.mp3)
Occasional pings, max
Are you using a blackberry?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (28)
25.93%
No - I got the required grades (66)
61.11%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (14)
12.96%

Watched Threads