---

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexCash)
    As the title asks,

Thanks,

AC
    What on earth does that mean?

ReputationRep:
    Will UCAS tell your school that you have purchased your reference from UCAS?

No they shouldn't do. the only way yuor school will find out is if you tell them that you have bought it lol. It wouldn't be a problem anyway. Its not sending out a message that you don't trust you ref, you jsut curious to see what was said about you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fonzievision)
    What on earth does that mean?
    You can purchase your whole application from UCAS for £10 (this is part of the data protection act or something.) This is a way of getting hold of your reference without having to ask your referee! lol.

I'm not sure if your referee gets to know that you have purchased it though. I was going to ask this question too because I really want to see my reference but my form tutor won't let anyone see theirs. I don't want her to know I've gone behind her back though!

ReputationRep:
    i didnt know this, how can you buy your reference

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh. Nope, they won't know. I did this last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ali123)
    You can purchase your whole application from UCAS for £10 (this is part of the data protection act or something.) This is a way of getting hold of your reference without having to ask your referee! lol.

I'm not sure if your referee gets to know that you have purchased it though. I was going to ask this question too because I really want to see my reference but my form tutor won't let anyone see theirs. I don't want her to know I've gone behind her back though!

Ali, i feel the same too. Let me know how you get on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexCash)
    Ali, i feel the same too. Let me know how you get on.
    Shall do!

ReputationRep:
    I bought my reference last year and I don't think my referee knows about this to date. Neither do the universities that I applied to, but that wouldn't have mattered anyway since I only bought the reference after I received all 6 offers.

They can't change their decisions just because you enacted the DPA and paid for your reference.

ReputationRep:
    you know if someone other than urself accesses ur ucas form, will ucas know in any way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malfoy)
    you know if someone other than urself accesses ur ucas form, will ucas know in any way?
    Like who? How would they access these forms? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    well its this girl hus accessed some other girls ucas so shes using the same pc to acces 2 SEPERATE ucas forms, surely ucas will kno?

ReputationRep:
    well its this girl hus accessed some other girls ucas so shes using the same pc to acces 2 SEPERATE ucas forms, surely ucas will kno?
    Loads of people used to check their applications on the same computer. That's not what's going to make UCAS know...

ReputationRep:
    yer but thats at school, this is a different computer at home shes using to access two SEPERATE forms

ReputationRep:
    :s: I'm not too sure I want to know what has been said about me but i'm still very tempted.

ReputationRep:
    yer but thats at school, this is a different computer at home shes using to access two SEPERATE forms
    Take this discussion back into the offers discussion thread! Sorry to be a pain. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    way of getting hold of your reference without having to ask your referee!
    It is an open reference so you have a right to see what has been said. I have seen my UCAS reference. You can ask your referee.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shauncouldstone)
    It is an open reference so you have a right to see what has been said. I have seen my UCAS reference. You can ask your referee.
    only if your an individual is ure ref open, technically ifure applying thru school your reference is closed and you should see it before it is sent off. Before data protection act noone saw their reference ever lol, but with DPA, ucas now charge £10, technically it should really be free lol under the Freedom of Info but the effort it would take to get ucas to give it to you for free is worth more than £10 lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    And just to remind everyone again

DPA disclosures apply to universities too - including interview notes and any comments written on your UCAS form...
    does that mean that if you get a rejection (even without interview) that kinda have to tell you why?

ReputationRep:
    Would they still have last year's forms in their system? Am curious as to what my reference said (had a bit of a barney with my head of year when I asked to see it).

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.