My application still has not been sent, should I worry? Watch

annoy123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi there,

I filled out my application in November and have been waiting for my reference ever since. My reference has been completed (finally!) and been sent to the college coordinator so I have to wait again for them to look at it before it gets sent.

My college is quite small so this process shouldn't have taken so long. Should I worry about places being taken at my chosen universities?
l'insegnante
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by annoy123)
Hi there,

I filled out my application in November and have been waiting for my reference ever since. My reference has been completed (finally!) and been sent to the college coordinator so I have to wait again for them to look at it before it gets sent.

My college is quite small so this process shouldn't have taken so long. Should I worry about places being taken at my chosen universities?
No you shouldn't worry. Applications sent up to and including 15th January have to be considered by universities. Universities mostly only give out conditional offers, and more offers that they have places for, allowing room for people not to meet the grades in the conditional offers. Places wont necessarily be allocated until results day, when offers have been met/missed.

In other words, you have nothing to worry about
SlowlorisIncognito
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by annoy123)
Hi there,

So long as your application gets sent off before 15th Jan, you are entitled to equal consideration, and you don't have to worry about places being taken up. Universities give out a lot more offers than they have places, and know what sort of candidates they can give offers to throughout the application cycle.

Waiting since November is not ideal, but so long as it is sent before the deadline, you shouldn't worry.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (154)
27.55%
No (405)
72.45%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise