what's my chance for a TC in any international firm? Watch

incorrect1993
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Good redbrick, AAA in A level
did three weeks vacation scheme in year 1, and going to do one or two more before graduation
I am aiming at "any" international firm but not the tops tier- Magic C
Does anyone know what's my average final marks needed to be to have a chance? 68? 65?
J-SP
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by incorrect1993)
Good redbrick, AAA in A level
did three weeks vacation scheme in year 1, and going to do one or two more before graduation
I am aiming at "any" international firm but not the tops tier- Magic C
Does anyone know what's my average final marks needed to be to have a chance? 68? 65?
It isn't that simple. But from what you have said, nothing suggests why you couldn't be in a strong position.

What are your current module results like? What extra curriculars/positions of responsibility have you held? Can you write a good application and show clear motivation for the firms you are thinking of applying to?

All the above will heavily influence whether your final year grades need to be a 62% average, a 65% average of a 68% average.
incorrect1993
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I only get 54 avereage in year one , and I almost fail a compulsory course. but it does not count toward my final result. So I hope it would be safe. But I am not active in school, so have not been to any event of the law society. Do you know anyone actually got in to a international firm and what are their grades? Is it a minor if I don't talk much and intorvent?
J-SP
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by incorrect1993)
I only get 54 avereage in year one , and I almost fail a compulsory course. but it does not count toward my final result. So I hope it would be safe. But I am not active in school, so have not been to any event of the law society. Do you know anyone actually got in to a international firm and what are their grades? Is it a minor if I don't talk much and intorvent?
Your first year grades and the "almost" failed module will still be looked at closely. Firms will also expect to you to be balancing a significant amount of extra curriculars alongside your studies.

To be frank and honest, I suspect these two things will hold you back from most international firms.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (222)
28.03%
No (570)
71.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise