The Student Room Group

Crackling Sound from a brand new laptop.

Hello,
I've received a new laptop today and it's making crackling noises. No, not from the speakers nor the fan. It's coming from the right bottom corner, under the keyboard.
I thought it could be coming from the optical drive, but when I open it, the crackling continues.

Idk, maybe I'm just overreacting. My last laptop was loud as helicopter and I didn't expect to hear anything other than the fan from the new laptop, especially crackling.
My parents' laptop is not making any noises at all, and that's what I expected as well...

Is this normal? Or should I return it?
The crackling is not that loud, I don't thing anyone would notice it if I didn't tell them, but I'm worried there's a problem with the CPU or something...

Some of my spec
Processor: AMD A8-6410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics
Additional Graphics Card: AMD Radeon (TM) R7 M260
RAM: 8GB

Thanks
Original post by Nessie162
Hello,
I've received a new laptop today and it's making crackling noises. No, not from the speakers nor the fan. It's coming from the right bottom corner, under the keyboard.
I thought it could be coming from the optical drive, but when I open it, the crackling continues.

Idk, maybe I'm just overreacting. My last laptop was loud as helicopter and I didn't expect to hear anything other than the fan from the new laptop, especially crackling.
My parents' laptop is not making any noises at all, and that's what I expected as well...

Is this normal? Or should I return it?
The crackling is not that loud, I don't thing anyone would notice it if I didn't tell them, but I'm worried there's a problem with the CPU or something...

Some of my spec
Processor: AMD A8-6410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics
Additional Graphics Card: AMD Radeon (TM) R7 M260
RAM: 8GB

Thanks

Ask the company for a replacement

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending