Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

Nearly half of all victims of racially motivated murders in the last decade have been white, according to official figures released by the Home Office.

The data, released under Freedom of Information legislation, shows that between 1995 and 2004 there have been 58 murders where the police consider a racial element played a key part. Out of these, 24 have been where the murder victim was white.

The disclosure will add to the intense debate over multiculturalism in British society. The figures also overturn the assumption that almost all racial murders are committed against ethnic minority victims.

Senior police officers have admitted that ‘political correctness’ and the fear of discussing the issue have meant that race crime against white people goes under-reported. One chief constable has claimed that white, working-class men are more alienated than the Muslim community.

Yet these latest official figures give the most complete picture of racially motivated murders in the UK, revealing the situation to be much more complex. In March 2004 a white Scottish teenager, Kriss Donald, was bundled into a car while walking in the Pollokshields area of Glasgow. He was later beaten, stabbed 13 times, and set on fire. British Pakistani Daanish Zahid was found guilty by unanimous verdict of the charges of racially aggravated murder.

In the same year Christopher Yates, 30, a white man, was beaten to death in an assault by a group of drunken Asian youths as he walked home in Barking, east London.
    http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_ne...928559,00.html

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget that non-whites are 9% of UK population. :eek:

Does anyone here think this is OK, as all whites are eveil racists etc

The media bosses are to blame as they always stirr up hatred towards whites by howling on about how oppressed every ethnic minority is in the UK etc

ReputationRep:
    HAHA this thread scared me for a bit, forgot about your avatar.

I blame the cupboards.

ReputationRep:
    You know it doesn't surprise me

ReputationRep:
    payback?

ReputationRep:
    What's new?

ReputationRep:
    Yes Dave, all blacks are evil and should be shot. I know that's the response you and your kind are dying to get from sane people, so I'll save you the bother.

However, on a more sensible note, out of all the murders that have occurred between '95 and '04, for only 58 to be racial is surely a strong sign that multiculturalism, in whatever incarnation we're practicing it, works.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jojo72)
    payback?
    Nice. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent Smith)
    However, on a more sensible note, out of all the murders that have occurred between '95 and '04, for only 58 to be racial is surely a strong sign that multiculturalism, in whatever incarnation we're practicing it, works.
    Agreed - the number is not that high.

However, despite Dave's agenda or lack of agenda, the broader point that the article notes is well... notable. That 50% of all murders motivated by race have been by non-whites against whites is certainly surprising to me given the far smaller ethnic population, and given the real lack of reports in the media. I genuinely cant think of many racist murders that I have heard of where the victim has been white.

That all begs the question - why not?

ReputationRep:
    payback?
    WTF does that mean?

ReputationRep:
    So racism is actually not, shock horror, a single-race issue. Whoop-de-f**king-do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy Mongoose)
    So racism is actually not, shock horror, a single-race issue. Whoop-de-f**king-do.
    But do you think the reporting of racist violence is balanced, and if not, why not?

ReputationRep:
    You mean to say that there are some members of ethnic minorities that are as backward and mentally sub-normal as some members of the white majority?

Well that's a eureka moment.

The ideology of racism is, sadly, infectious. Of course, many racist assaults against ethnic minorities are not reported because the police are institutionally racist.

Racism, of any kind, is so fecking moronic.

Oswy.

ReputationRep:
    It probably has sweet FA to do with race, just gangbanging usually over drugs. Just so happens that gangs of asians, gangs of whites, gangs of blacks form.

edit: It is actually instinctual to react in defence to people you do not see often. It is moronic to remain in hatred of their skin colour when you do know them.

ReputationRep:
    Dear Dave

What the **** do you want?

Love Andy.

ReputationRep:
    Got to say, interesting statistic - it really did surprise me. Nobody assumed that "people of colour" are the only victims of race-crime, but in honesty, I had no idea the numbers were that high. Yet I imagine there would be multiple interpretations of such data. But, in concurrence with many responses here, I ask, so what?

payback?
    Explain yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Not quite sure what the point being made by the OP is. If I was really that interested in racial murder statistics, I'd look them up myself. Is there any kind of specific debate raised here?

ReputationRep:
    Nearly half the victims from racial numbers being white, doesn't mean a lot.
    As someone already said, 90% of the population is white anyway, so it's not shocking to hear, just as it's not shocking to hear how many white people are in prison.

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.