The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Don't give us false hope. I'm 5'1 and eat perfectly balanced and yet am not going to grow. And if you had low protein intake then of course you didn't grow properly as a child.

But some of us have always eaten right but are still destined to be 5'1...
Reply 21
Nalced
i'm 17, 178cm. male. I think thats a bit short. I'm I?

i think 180cm = 5"11, so no you're not short in my opinion...but then again im only 5"3:p:
Reply 22
Moral of the story: vegetarianism is stupid.
Reply 23
x.narb.x
Moral of the story: vegetarianism is stupid.

Perhaps from a health perspective, but it depends on your moral paradigm.
Being tall is not always good...im 16 (17 soon!!) and 5ft 11.5...all the guys at college are shorter than me, and I'm a year younger than them!!
dddd
We're talking about eating healthily, I thought scientists said junk food is the reason for early puberty and the speeding up of puberty, in western countries... It's confusing. I'm not encouraging unhealthy eating... just, you know.

I think the poster is saying lack of nutrients leads to stunted growth so eat healthily. As I am aware the junk food issue is slightly different: kids eat fatty food, gain weight, fat is somehow related to the release of certain hormones which bring about puberty? I know very little about this.
no, vegetarianism is fine, it's just that people don't actually know what they're supposed to be eating, how to get a balanced diet - enough protein from non-meat sources, enough iron etc from non meat sources
growwwwwwwwww!11111111

Latest

Trending

Trending