Woke up today and I feel strange.

Watch
Master Jack
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Like I'm worried and that something is not right. I don't know.

I'm still in my uni break and I don't really have anything to do apart from trawl the interwebs, watch TV since I'm at home and far away from all my friends. But that's not it.

Something is not right today.

Anyone can relate?
Maid Marian
Badges: 20
Report 5 years ago
I'm having an off day too. Started last night actually, started feeling depressed... still feel lousy today and haven't left the house yet :dong:
Ronhaar
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sounds like you both have cabin fever. Not going out of the house for a while can cause minor symptoms of depression. It's happened to me once before and the best thing to do is leave the house, see friends or just even go with your parents food shopping haha!
Thats all I can think of it being.
Evening
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Go for a swim/run/gym sesh and see how you feel afterwards.
Smash Bandicoot
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
ya need some sunlight
Master Jack
Rep:
?
(Original post by Maid Marian)
I'm having an off day too. Started last night actually, started feeling depressed... still feel lousy today and haven't left the house yet :dong:
Thanks for sharing let me know how you get on.

(Original post by Ronhaar)
Sounds like you both have cabin fever. Not going out of the house for a while can cause minor symptoms of depression. It's happened to me once before and the best thing to do is leave the house, see friends or just even go with your parents food shopping haha!
Thats all I can think of it being.

Thanks for the advice. I don't think it's cabin fever but I'm a little depressed - actually a longing sadness. I want to cry but have no idea what about.

(Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
ya need some sunlight

I'm not tree.

(Original post by Evening)
Go for a swim/run/gym sesh and see how you feel afterwards.

sorry I don't do sport also not good at them.
NikolaT
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Go to your GP and get a full check out. Perhaps your body's telling your mind about something going wrong in your body.

Or, the more likely explanation, you're just having an 'off' day. But that's no fun.
DiddyDec01
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Go for a walk if you don't do sport.
Master Jack
Rep:
?
(Original post by NikolaT)
Go to your GP and get a full check out. Perhaps your body's telling your mind about something going wrong in your body.

Or, the more likely explanation, you're just having an 'off' day. But that's no fun.
Good point I'll make an appointment for tomorrow.

(Original post by DiddyDec)
Go for a walk if you don't do sport.

It's so cold outside and dark. What if I get mugged?
DiddyDec01
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Master Jack)
It's so cold outside and dark. What if I get mugged?
What if a plane falls on your house?

Put a coat on if it is cold.

Why can't you stop whining. Don't say you have an issue if you don't even want to try the suggestions. You sit in your bed and feel depressed. I really don't care what you do with your life. If you want to just sit there, *****ing and moaning that is fine by me.
Twinpeaks
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ooh I hate that feeling. I usually get it when doing nothing.
Master Jack
Rep:
?
(Original post by DiddyDec)
What if a plane falls on your house?

Put a coat on if it is cold.

Why can't you stop whining. Don't say you have an issue if you don't even want to try the suggestions. You sit in your bed and feel depressed. I really don't care what you do with your life. If you want to just sit there, *****ing and moaning that is fine by me.

Why are you being aggressive? I need support and a tender advice instead you are force feeding me poison.

I am in my bed on my laptop but the world out there is a scary place.
Smash Bandicoot
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thanks for sharing let me know how you get on.

Thanks for the advice. I don't think it's cabin fever but I'm a little depressed - actually a longing sadness. I want to cry but have no idea what about.

I'm not tree.

sorry I don't do sport also not good at them.
no you don't get it, date Seasonal Affective Disorder will **** you up psychologically too. Y'all need some Vitamin D and melatonin; I missed my shot today and just hit the crummy feels too
DiddyDec01
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Why are you being aggressive? I need support and a tender advice instead you are force feeding me poison.

I am in my bed on my laptop but the world out there is a scary place.
Because you are being lazy. The world not a scary place and you are not a delicate little flower that needs protecting from the outside world.

What you need is a kick up the arse.
VannR
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I know the feel. Every now and then I have an overwhelming sense of depersonalisation for about a day. I don't worry about it when I have it because I know that the feeling will be gone the next day, but at the time it is really quite strong. On days like those I cant study and will try to do something that distracts me from myself e.g. computer games or going out for a walk etc.

It's...it's a different feel to yours isn't it ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (692)
33.77%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (874)
42.65%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (391)
19.08%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)
4.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed