The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jam277
Hahaha.

I went to sleep around 2am.

If I do testosterone releasing exercises I will go to sleep straight after the activity. Pumping iron gets me to sleep within 20 mins.

Don't feel the DOMS coming, although biceps are a bit tight so feel like I wasted a workout, even though I did until failure sets at the end I think the rest time was a bit too long for the until failure.

At this point it's not worth trying to get my sleep pattern back to normal by sleeping earlier, better to just go to bed an hour or two later every night so I basically cycle round to an earlier pattern. Which is nice actually, love having really early mornings as long as I've actually had enough sleep.

You only had 4 hours sleep?

Nah I don't think doms is a good indicator of a workout, once you've been gyming for a while and if you get enough rest and have a good diet etc you won't get it. Or I've stopped getting it anyway even when I know I've worked hard.
Original post by difeo
At this point it's not worth trying to get my sleep pattern back to normal by sleeping earlier, better to just go to bed an hour or two later every night so I basically cycle round to an earlier pattern. Which is nice actually, love having really early mornings as long as I've actually had enough sleep.

You only had 4 hours sleep?

Nah I don't think doms is a good indicator of a workout, once you've been gyming for a while and if you get enough rest and have a good diet etc you won't get it. Or I've stopped getting it anyway even when I know I've worked hard.

Yeah I like early mornings with enough sleep.

I'm a bit of a machine. Saying that I think the reason is because of light. I have no curtains, only crappy blinds.

true with doms and I feel tightness in my arms, they're clicking when I move the muscles.
It's my 24th birthday today and my only plans are to sit in bed watching Super Sunday. Feels like i've taken a wrong turn in my life somewhere :lol:

Original post by sr90
It's my 24th birthday today and my only plans are to sit in bed watching Super Sunday. Feels like i've taken a wrong turn in my life somewhere :lol:

Happy birthday brah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90

I can't see a problem here :wink:

If you wanna feel better, just consider that you aren't a Liverpool supporter.... -_-
Original post by sr90

happy birthday :biggrin:

Hope man city loose for you today!

Edit - just realised they dont play until tommorow :facepalm2:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sr90

Happy birthday man

Birthdays are overrated. TSR and Burnley vs Spurs > "friends"
Original post by sr90

Awwr happy 24th birthday SR! :party:
Birthdays are overrated anyways. :tongue:
hbd
Original post by jam277
Well don't drink and drive kids.

Don't be a doughnut and do doughnuts on roads that ain't big enough either.

No sympathy. Guy killed himself and his friend.

Na man he wasn't driving. I have to say his death is fairly ironic, considering he survives all that **** in every movie he makes.
Original post by sr90

Happy birthday mate, have a good un
Original post by sr90

Happy birthday!
A year closer to that free bus pass

Happy Birthday mate
damn

DMX had a whole country behind him at one point

What are people's long term prospects.

Also anybody knows how to utilise shares properly?
plug
Original post by jam277
What are people's long term prospects.

Also anybody knows how to utilise shares properly?

life is pertty organised for me.. just need to succeed in each step now:

1-3 years in china, saving around 20k a year.

Come back to england.. use savings as the depoiste on a house

Work on a lifestyle-buisness for me and my wife

Have kids

Pretty much my next 5 years.

No unrealistic aims to be honest.

I would like to aim for lots of money, but really, I want family more.. and I dont think I am capable of prioritising both.. i know some people are, but I dont tihnk its something I will manage.

You?
Original post by fallen_acorns
life is pertty organised for me.. just need to succeed in each step now:

1-3 years in china, saving around 20k a year.

Come back to england.. use savings as the depoiste on a house

Work on a lifestyle-buisness for me and my wife

Have kids

Pretty much my next 5 years.

No unrealistic aims to be honest.

I would like to aim for lots of money, but really, I want family more.. and I dont think I am capable of prioritising both.. i know some people are, but I dont tihnk its something I will manage.

You?

My aim is to save 10k a year for the next 2 years. Look to get a promotion and work with a client I'll get from one of my placements.

Will probably move house by the end of 2016. Will rent if it's cheaper than paying bills at my mums house?

I think my aim is money atm, will look at a family around the age of 25 onwards but for now it's all about the money.

I do think I'm missing on some life experiences though. I'm 21 and I really feel like my development as a person has been stifled(Christian family who are restrictive) so I want to leave because of that and just lead my life.
Original post by jam277
My aim is to save 10k a year for the next 2 years. Look to get a promotion and work with a client I'll get from one of my placements.

Will probably move house by the end of 2016. Will rent if it's cheaper than paying bills at my mums house?

I think my aim is money atm, will look at a family around the age of 25 onwards but for now it's all about the money.

I do think I'm missing on some life experiences though. I'm 21 and I really feel like my development as a person has been stifled(Christian family who are restrictive) so I want to leave because of that and just lead my life.

its hard isnt it.. moving out means more life experianeces and freedom.. but potentially staying at home can mean more money (depending on how much you are contributing to your mums place)

I dont know, I have to live at home for 4 weeks now, and well, I already miss my own place - its lovely to see my family more, but I just find myself so relaxed in my own home.

focusing on money now, before family sounds like a good move - I can certinaly testify that it is harder to focus on money, when you have a wife/potential kids etc
Original post by fallen_acorns
its hard isnt it.. moving out means more life experianeces and freedom.. but potentially staying at home can mean more money (depending on how much you are contributing to your mums place)

I dont know, I have to live at home for 4 weeks now, and well, I already miss my own place - its lovely to see my family more, but I just find myself so relaxed in my own home.

focusing on money now, before family sounds like a good move - I can certinaly testify that it is harder to focus on money, when you have a wife/potential kids etc

Yeah. Well I have to pay 400 a month, so not many places in london that I'll pay less.

Yeah I can see that felt like that during university, it was so chill living on my own. Loved 2nd year cos I didn't really live with friends. Could just chill and then go to their places when I'm bored.

My bro is focusing on both.

Latest