The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sosa
Me and a mate have been having a debate on this for 2 days running so i decided to stick it to the forum, who is the better CDM type player Veratti (PSG) or Khedira(Real Madrid) and give reasons why cheers.

Verratti. Basically what Depleted said.
Did any of you recent graduates get your student loan company statement today?

****ing hell I nearly had a heart attack before I saw the ''this is not a demand for payment'' at the top. I owe them £21,000, and that's with 3k fees. Don't want to know how much worse it would be if I was paying 9k.
Original post by sr90

****ing hell I nearly had a heart attack before I saw the ''this is not a demand for payment'' at the top. I owe them £21,000, and that's with 3k fees. Don't want to know how much worse it would be if I was paying 9k.

I'll owe north of £60,000 by the time I'm done...
who remembers the days when tha carter iv came out?

madness.

weezy took the summer, and drizzy took the winter.

damn 2011 was a year :moon:
Original post by Depleted

****ing hell. You're guaranteed a job with a really high salary though :tongue:
Original post by sr90
****ing hell. You're guaranteed a job with a really high salary though :tongue:

Depends what Cameron does to the NHS. If he begins to privatise it, then fillings go to the bottom of the priority list I imagine...

That's me commuting as well! People living in London doing a 3 year degree and living away, that's effectively £15k a year. ****.
did any of you watch the Grey?

thought it was boring but had a great ending tbh
Original post by swirly
did any of you watch the Grey?

thought it was boring but had a great ending tbh

Shut up
Reply 3688
Shut up

Lol
Original post by sr90

I'm so glad I'll be living at home so I'll only need to pay the tuition fee loan. How long do you think it'll take you to pay all of it back?
Original post by sr90

18k worse I imagine :tongue:

The 9k fees aren't as bad as made out tbh, you don't start paying back significant amounts until you're on a good salary so it's never going to be the reason you're broke or anything.
Shut up

conversation skills on fleek
Original post by swirly
conversation skills on fleek

unaware
Reply 3693

Mine will be near the £30k mark I imagine.

To be honest though, its just a figure that you pay back in a way that doesnt even really affect you. Lets be real here, they ask for a really insignificant amount when you earn a certain amount. With my new job, ill be paying something stupid back per month, I think like £300-£400 p/y?

It doesn't even feel like a debt.

Unless they randomly demand it back haha, then we're ****ed.
Original post by difeo
18k worse I imagine :tongue:

The 9k fees aren't as bad as made out tbh, you don't start paying back significant amounts until you're on a good salary so it's never going to be the reason you're broke or anything.

The amount I pay back is **** all, it's about £40 a month so barely even noticeable on my payslip.

I don't like the idea of being 20k in debt though.

Original post by The.Joker
I'm so glad I'll be living at home so I'll only need to pay the tuition fee loan. How long do you think it'll take you to pay all of it back?

At my current rate of pay (£25k) probably never. I'd expect to be earning a lot more than that in 5 years though.
Original post by sr90
The amount I pay back is **** all, it's about £40 a month so barely even noticeable on my payslip.

I don't like the idea of being 20k in debt though.

At my current rate of pay (£25k) probably never. I'd expect to be earning a lot more than that in 5 years though.

25k is solid. also how can you be banned but still posting?:eek:
Original post by welcometoib
25k is solid. also how can you be banned but still posting?:eek:

Yeh it's a good salary for my current situation but I want to own my own home by the time i'm 30. If i'm still earning that sort of salary in 5 years time (at which point i'll be 29 years old) then i'll have gone badly wrong somewhere.
Original post by sr90
Yeh it's a good salary for my current situation but I want to own my own home by the time i'm 30. If i'm still earning that sort of salary in 5 years time (at which point i'll be 29 years old) then i'll have gone badly wrong somewhere.

in the north, fine, in the south? im not sure how many people before their 30s can own their own home in london haha
Original post by welcometoib
in the north, fine, in the south? im not sure how many people before their 30s can own their own home in london haha

GJ I hate London then!

Not sure where I wanna go but I could probably afford to buy one in the next year or two if I moved up North :lol:
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
How fascinating :holmes: I was expecting you to say biomed or something :smile: So you're looking to be a forensic scientist?

Shots

Latest