The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TornadoGR4
Can Muslim women go out with non Muslim men, or does it depend on how liberal the family is?

Asking for a friend

Just don't go there. Not worth the hassle. Only the most liberal of families would even joke about such a thing, it's basically unheard of in dating terms. Even liberal families won't let their daughters date at all. In marriage, very liberal families will let a non muslim man convert to be with their muslim wife. VERY liberal.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4961
FML, I'm being capped to 40% in one of my assignments for alleged plagiarism. Its bull**** though because for this assignment, we had to analyse a piece of evidence found at a crime scene and the evidence was shared between two people. We had to follow the same criteria so obviously there would be some similarity. It's not just me, its quite a few people.

If I'm capped to 40% for that assignment, and I get 48% overall in the module, if all goes well I should still average out a first overall so I might not appeal. I only need my result for one final exam and if it's above 50% then I've got a first and so I won't need to appeal. Thing is though, I need that result ASAP because I need to appeal before the results become actual.

I felt that I did pretty well in the exam though..

Should I risk waiting, or should I just appeal now?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SA-1
FML, I'm being capped to 40% in one of my assignments for alleged plagiarism. Its bull**** thought because for this assignment, we had to analyse a piece of evidence found at a crime scene and the evidence was shared between two people. We had to follow the same criteria so obviously there would be some similarity. It's not just me, its quite a few people.

If I'm capped to 40% for that assignment, and I get 48% overall in the module, if all goes well I should still average out a first overall so I might not appeal. I only need my result for one final exam and if it's above 50% then I've got a first and so I won't need to appeal. Thing is though, I need that result ASAP because I need to appeal before the results become actual.

I felt that I did pretty well in the exam though..

Should I risk waiting, or should I just appeal now?

What are the disadvantages of appealing now if I've missed them
Reply 4963
Original post by AR_95
What are the disadvantages of appealing now if I've missed them

It could take around three months which will delay my graduation.

Which will delay a lot of the graduate schemes I wanted to apply to (applications usually open and close in the summer [the ones I wanted to apply for])

& tbh, I'm working full-time at that hospital rn, and don't really to be stressing over uni anymore :lol:
1 exam left with a week to revise = post count goin 0-100 rq and wastekids gettin wrekt on the tsr rap battle thread. my life has all the chill.
reps for subtle KCL brag post
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
the tsr rap battle thread.

LMAO WHAT IS THIS :rofl:
Reply 4968
Original post by swirly
reps for subtle KCL brag post

Reply 4969
Watched Veronica Mars yesterday, I don't know what it is about the actress but she's so on point

Original post by swirly
LMAO WHAT IS THIS :rofl:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2540475

spittin them fresh bars is my high lool

brb moonlightin as a jme impersonator
GOAT lunch

What you studying?
Reply 4972
Original post by Kenan and Kel

What you studying?

I just finised a degree in Forensic Science.

Was chatting to one of my managers and she mentioned a MSc in physiotherapy at Kings, where you qualify as a physiotherapist even if your undergrad is in a different science degree. It's worth looking in to if I end up really liking physiotherapy, especially since the course will be funded by the NHS.
GOAT lunch

should be a margarita pizza with pepperoni pizza topping
GOAT lunch

The zenith of food. It's all downhill from here...
Reply 4975
Actually really liking my role as a physiotherapy assistant.

I was a bit worried because I thought I would be that sideman who sends off faxes and types up the discharge letters and makes tea for everyone. I'm actually doing 80% clinical work where after the ward rounds in the morning, we make a list of patients that need to be seen my the physio and by the physio assistant. So I spend most of my day seeing patients and helping them do different exercises, and then writing their notes. The other 20% is practically the admin stuff that needs to be done for the patients that I see. The only thing that I can't do is assess a patient for discharge, or assess a patient when they're first admitted - that needs to be done by the physio.

It's been two week since I've started so I'm just going to take one day at the time to see if working in a hospital is for me (as a doctor, or as a physio) and then decide if I want to go on to study medicine or physiotherapy, or if I want to do something completely different.

Doing a masters in physiotherapy isn't a bad shout at all. It will mean that I qualify as a physiotherapist and then I can practice at a hospital or I can try and get in to physiotherapy in sports, where there are so many possibilities.

Reckon I'll use the time from now-oct(ish) to see if I do want to apply for it. I have bags of experience because of my medicine application so it'll serve me well if I want to go into physio instead.
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2540475

spittin them fresh bars is my high lool

brb moonlightin as a jme impersonator

lol at Wilf and Maid Marian getting rekt on the first page
GOAT lunch

is that pizza with a topping of pizza?!! :eek3:
Original post by Lúcio
is that pizza with a topping of pizza?!! :eek3:

Heaven is real:colondollar:
I'm hungry :sad: Damn you Kenan.