Re-Routing a Career Watch

MRMDC
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi all,

Has anybody here ever changed their career direction whilst still utilising their BA (Hons) Architecture degree?

I understand graphic design is a possible avenue, though if anyone has done this, it'd be great to hear, whether it's graphic design, product design or any other design based routes.

Many thanks.
maxi365
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi, I'm a first year student doing architecture. After finishing one semester I realised I'm in the wrong course (don't want to be a architect). So now I'm looking to transfer to Market or a business degree, which will happen in September. Guess I'll have to ride it out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Adramelek
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There's a series of articles on archinect.com about people who studied architecture who ended up doing something else. I think it's called 'Working out of the box' or something like that.

There are few in my school who have graduated and gone on to a job that's not architecture (graphic design being the most obvious). But this takes a lot of effort on your part since you have invest time in the thing you actually want to do outside of your project (which is enough work as it is, to be fair).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (97)
13.62%
The paper was reasonable (396)
55.62%
Not feeling great about that exam... (165)
23.17%
It was TERRIBLE (54)
7.58%

Watched Threads