Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi everyone!
    i want a nice, trendy, funky, but not overly crazy cut, and toni and guy has been recommended to me. are they any good? how expensive are they? is it worth it?, or are there better places about?...
    my hair is long, but not THat long atm, maybe i should wait until its slightly longer.

thanks everfyone

ReputationRep:
    toni and guy are not that great, especially considering their prices. There are plenty other salons that are just as good if not better who don't charge the world, imo. Its just a case of looking around.

ReputationRep:
    def.-they're great

There was a thread on here recently where everyone was complaining about toni and guy salons :s:

ReputationRep:
    i thought everyone loved toni ang guys-i mean ive never had a problem with them

ReputationRep:
    I've had good and bad experiences at Toni and Guy. My current hairdresser there is absolutely amazing...but I went through 3 or 4 crap ones to find him.

Some people just have the ability to cut hair well and others don't. Toni and Guy's generally do younger, trendier sort of cuts, but they are very expensive. You can probably find somewhere else that is cheaper and just as good.

ReputationRep:
    ask if they need any models - i got my hair cut for £10 there and it's so much nicer than how my usual hairdresser cuts it. plus, you wouldn't believe how long they'll spend on your hair. she spent more than 2hrs cutting it and all i had done was about 2inches cut off and layered and feathered
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I had mine cut at a T&G once and I was quite pleased with it. Then again I wasn't that old. They are pretty expensive...although it would depend on the level of experience the stylist had. Maybe you should do a bit of research an find out if there are any good independent hairdressers in your area.

ReputationRep:
    My current hairdresser is great, took a couple of times for her to get used to me though. But now she pretty much does it perfect.

For me, it's also worth going just for one of the assistants

ReputationRep:
    Personally I wouldnt bother- theres a big thread on here somewhere about the crapiness of T&G. You can go to so many better places than there at half the price and still come out with a funky haircut.

Whereabouts do you live? I can recommend a really good salon if you're around Staffordshire way.

ReputationRep:
    Rip off. Don't bother. I got a cut from there a few days ago, and I absolutely detest it. I could've got this from my local barbers for a sixth of the price.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.