The Student Room Group

Help! AQA geography a controlled assessment!

For our geography controlled assessment we have to do a da presentation on Land us clustering for one of the hypotheses. It involves drawing lines from different land-use to the edge of the map and measuring line and doing likewise with other land us of the same type. Could somebody please help me and explain how to go about this. Thank you
(edited 9 years ago)
This sounds like locating the position of clustered Land Use on a map.

Can I ask what your hypothesis is?

Check the standardising at the bottom
http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/geography/gcse/geography-a-9030/controlled-assessment

There's also a standard mark scheme in the Specification
Original post by 04MR17
This sounds like locating the position of clustered Land Use on a map.

Can I ask what your hypothesis is?

Check the standardising at the bottom
http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/geography/gcse/geography-a-9030/controlled-assessment

There's also a standard mark scheme in the Specification

My question is "What sign does the CBD of Wolverhampton show of the Core-Frame Model?". And my hypothesis is that the distribution of land use in the Core-Frame Model will be that in the CBD of Wolverhampton and so clustering of like land use can be observed.
I've done my coursework on this topic also, however, a slightly different investigation (although it did include Land Use). It seems that you need to measure the clustering mathematically. This is easy. Your question is based on description, not explanation. All you need to do is say what you see on your diagram (once completed) and then relate this to the Core-Frame model (never heard of it). There is an easy method to follow:
G - General
C - Comment
S - Something Specific
E - Exeption
GCSE, the general comment is that in Wolverhampton's CBD the clustering of Land Use is similar [congruent is a good word for bits that are exactly the same] to that of the Core-Frame Model. S - Put in a quote of one prime example of this. Exception - is there any part of your diagram that doesn't follow the Core-Frame Model, quote it, talk about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending