The Student Room Group

National Youth Theatre 2015

I am auditioning for the theatre in February and thought I would create a thread for those thinking about it/have already signed up. Also to discuss monologues and any concerns or questions that people have. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hey :smile:
I've signed up to audition, feeling a bit nervous about it all given its my first time but I'm also really excited :biggrin: Have you chosen your monologue yet?
Reply 2
Same it's mine as well, where you auditioning. Yeah I have chosen mine but I would prefer to not tell incase someone takes it as well hah. You chosen yours?
I've chosen mine too and I totally get how you feel about not wanting to tell anybody (me too)! I'm auditioning in London, what about you?
Reply 4
I'm doing mine in Bristol in February. How'd you get into it? I'm 18 so was a bit worried I was too old but many of the actors who's were apart of it were also 18. How old are you? 😃
I'm only 14 so it's more likely that I'll get in when I'm older rather than now. I do quite a lot of acting in my spare time and really want to try and take it further, hence why I'm auditioning. What about you? :smile:
Reply 6
I'm sure you have just as equal a chance as anyone. But many people don't get in on their first time so I am prepared for that to happen. Yeah I am in A-levels now. Did Drama for GCSE but didn't carry it on further so I am doing this
Our school is cutting out many creative subjects due to the GCSE changes :frown: Really wish I could take drama, but they're lowering down how many we can choose
Original post by benkjo
I'm doing mine in Bristol in February. How'd you get into it? I'm 18 so was a bit worried I was too old but many of the actors who's were apart of it were also 18. How old are you? ������

You're not too old! I'm already 20 (I first auditioned when I was 19) and I'm auditioning this year. They've opened up the age limit to 25 in 2013, so there may be a few much older people. :danceboy:
I'm unsure as to whether or not I'm applying this year. I applied last year (my first time) at the minimum age requirement. It went really well, and I had a great time, but the interviewer did say I was young and might not get a place, so to try again this year. I was all ready to apply again, but I'm on holiday for the entire week of auditions in my city! There is the option to do a Skype audition, but I'm not sure how well that would work...:s-smilie:
I did a 4 week theatre course just after I turned 14. It was really great fun and the audition was good too. Hope all your auditions go well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, I’m negotiating to get an agent and I’m debating whether to put my NYT membership on my application form. I part of the 2012 summer course but haven’t done anything with them since. So how can I prove I’m actually a member?
I have an audition in Manchester in half term, so nervous but super excited! I'm 15, I had the same thoughts about being young so maybe not getting in first time. Any one else auditioning in Manchester?
Original post by Lolly2244
I have an audition in Manchester in half term, so nervous but super excited! I'm 15, I had the same thoughts about being young so maybe not getting in first time. Any one else auditioning in Manchester?

Glad to find someone around my age auditioning as well! I'm auditioning in London not Manchester but I wish you all the best of luck :biggrin:
Hey guys.

Also auditioning for the NYT this year but I have a rather strange question...

At what point do we need to provide proof of our age? I ask because I don't have a drivers licence, passport or birth certificate at the moment so I'm worried that they'll turn me away at some point.

I'm only assuming we have to provide proof of age as there is an age limit? If I'm mistaken then great but if anyone knows for sure it would be a big help!c
I'm also auditioning in bristol this year! :smile:
I'm auditioning in Plymouth!! I'm only 15 so kinda worried I'll be one of the youngest there:/ so excited though but scared too :redface: I've picked my monologue but just wanted to know what other monologues people have picked ...you don't have to say the exact monologue but have you picked dramatic or comedy for example:smile: my audition is on 21st February:smile:
Anyone auditioning in London on the 15th?
Reply 18
I'm auditioning in London on the 15th. Not entirely certain what to expect as it's my first time auditioning but I'm looking forward to the experience. I'm 21 and came to drama quite late compared to a lot of other people so I haven't had the same degree of experience, but I've performed in a few amateur plays so who knows. I've performed my monologue in front of my drama group a few times and it's gone well - it's the morning workshop I'm not sure what to expect of!
Original post by Gemmawho
I'm auditioning in London on the 15th. Not entirely certain what to expect as it's my first time auditioning but I'm looking forward to the experience. I'm 21 and came to drama quite late compared to a lot of other people so I haven't had the same degree of experience, but I've performed in a few amateur plays so who knows. I've performed my monologue in front of my drama group a few times and it's gone well - it's the morning workshop I'm not sure what to expect of!

Where in London are you auditioning?
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest