Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    has anyone ever been caught cheating? this lad in my class copies my work, i'm pretty sure anyway! but not word for word..

how likely is it that i will get caught? + and what will happen if so?

ReputationRep:
    there was someone in my class who was caught cheating, luckily our teachers use plagiarism checking software and caught him, he was tested on his knowledge of the unit and it was hilarious to watch him attempt to answer questions he knew nothing about and he was removed from the course :P but seriously you should report this person, its people like this who ruin the reputation and de-value good qualifications, how would you feel if he got the same grade as you? and you knew he obviously didn't know half the content.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by giles99)
    has anyone ever been caught cheating? this lad in my class copies my work, i'm pretty sure anyway! but not word for word..

how likely is it that i will get caught? + and what will happen if so?
    Very likely if your teachers actually put effort into maintaining their standard.

I would recommend highly against loaning your work out. I lent mine out and some practically copy and pasted the entirety of my work. Both I and the person needed to redo the entire assignment and only got limited to a pass - I was on track for Distinction.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.