Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Dear all,

just wondering on what grounds is it possible to get an offer reduced that a uni has made you. having firmly accepted leeds i was curious as to whether i could make them reduce their 3A offer for me, basically cos i'd like to not have to kill myself to meet their requirements.

someone on the forums did this cos they lived reletively near the uni itself and admissions agreed to lower their requirements?anyone remember hu this was?

any help greatly appreciated

yours

bio

ReputationRep:
    I think there is a scheme at leeds to lower offers if your parents havent been to university, i dunno, ask your careers adviser

ReputationRep:
    what course is your AAA offer for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterfly)
    what course is your AAA offer for?
    It's for law which is a bit of a joke considering the course is hardly Oxbridge and they want a higher level of qualification!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babybio)
    It's for law which is a bit of a joke considering the course is hardly Oxbridge and they want a higher level of qualification!
    Annoying isn't it? Exeter want AAA for English and they're only like 30th in the League Tables (I know league tables are to be taken with a pinch of salt, but you get my point)

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.