The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Chemistry 6ch04/05 JUNE 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Amanda Brown
What did people write for the pH of water one? Also how would adding acid change the taste of jelly?

pH of 12.

Would make it sour (which I got wrong)

Posted from TSR Mobile
There goes my uni place... Ffs
Med school offer....

Aaaaaaaaaaaand it's gone

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1163
what did people write about the phenol step 3 reaction? was it an oxidation?
Original post by Amanda Brown
What did people write for the pH of water one? Also how would adding acid change the taste of jelly?

I'm kicking myself about the ph of water, because I knew the answer but I doubted myself and wrote the wrong thing! It was actually that as the ratio of H+ and OH- ions remain the same, the pH is still 7 so it is still neutral and the student is correct.

For the jelly, I put it enhances the taste, and it makes it seem slightly tangy or sour. I literally had no idea haha.

What did you put?

Edit: please ignore the bit about ph :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1165
Original post by Evi333

Esterification
The titratration curve questions--> what three points did u put for the ph being above 7?
Reply 1167
Original post by Evi333

I wrote substitution, and the reagent as ethanoyl chloride!
Predictions people?
A: 65
B: 58
C: 51
Original post by Evi333

I think I put hydrolysis and acylation. What did you put?
Original post by sj97
One last thing: I made a silly mistake on calculating the order of the X question, but from then on, everything I did was correct. Do you happen to know if I would get full ecf marks from that?

Unless The Devil himself wrote the mark scheme too, you'll get ecf on the units, and on the calculation that you had to do for the rate constant.
What was the answer for the esterification question for the reagent? ffs think I put HCl
Original post by Evi333

It was esterification, you could have used ethanoyl chloride or ethanol. I said ethanol.
Reply 1173
WTFFFF was that!!!????
Totally scared for unit 5 after this!
Yup defo not getting into uni unless the grade boundaries are extremely low
Knowing edexcel they'll probably be high af :-(
Acid chloride and esterifocation.

Did they specify 2sf??? I wrote 3.06 tonnes ****

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by egggirl
why is making it sour wrong? thats what i wrote

I put that it makes it sour too. Thought that was correct?
Original post by economicsrocks
I'm kicking myself about the ph of water, because I knew the answer but I doubted myself and wrote the wrong thing! It was actually that as the ratio of H+ and OH- ions remain the same, the pH is still 7 so it is still neutral and the student is correct.

For the jelly, I put it enhances the taste, and it makes it seem slightly tangy or sour. I literally had no idea haha.

What did you put?

I wrote that at higher temperatures a greater proportion of H20 dissociates into H+ and OH- (described using the Entropy of surroundings and RlnK). This leads a greater concentration of H+ and therefore the pH is not 7. Student is incorrect. However the solution still remains neutral due to equal amount of H+ and OH- produced.
Who has access to the paper?

I beg of you to get An unofficial Ms up for the love of God

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yh it was oxidation as the alcohol turned into a ketone

Quick Reply

Latest