The Student Room Group

Liverpool Hope Interview PGCE

Hi, I was just wondering for anyone who has had an interview with Hope how long was it on the day?
I have a 10:00am start and was wondering whether I will need to take some food for lunch etc.
Mine was about a month ago now so I can't remember exactly!

The whole registration process (i.e. providing your documents and signing in) took about an hour because there were so many candidates there. From around 11am onwards you did your skills tests and then at about 12:30pm you get a brief lunch break. If you want to take food its entirely up to you, there is also a café/shop close by.

The afternoon consists of the presentations and individual interviews. I was in a group of 10 people and was last to be interviewed so ended up waiting for about 90 minutes! I reckon it was around 4pm by the time I'd finished.

I would guess that maybe as you're one of the later interview dates there may be less people so you might not be waiting around for as long. I definitely wouldn't expect to be done much before 3pm though.

Good luck! It's a really relaxed and friendly day :-D
Reply 2
Thank you so much! They didn't give many details about the structure of the day so that information is brilliant.
I have heard it is a relaxed atmosphere so that will help a lot with the nerves :-)

Again there weren't any details for the 'Literacy Test', is it just the same sort of material that is in the Literacy Skills test?
Reply 3
Original post by Vicky_B_10
Thank you so much! They didn't give many details about the structure of the day so that information is brilliant.
I have heard it is a relaxed atmosphere so that will help a lot with the nerves :-)

Again there weren't any details for the 'Literacy Test', is it just the same sort of material that is in the Literacy Skills test?

My interview was for Secondary RE, so may not be the same as yours, but I assume it will follow a similar format. The 'literacy test' isn't really a test as such - we were given a sheet of paper to answer on with an instruction (e.g. 'What do you think are the key points from the article?'), and given an orange sheet with a portion of an article relating to our subject (there were multiple different subject interviews taking place on my day), and then told we had 25 minutes to complete the task. It seemed to be more about spelling and grammar, rather than testing your literacy skills. There was also a group task, which wasn't mentioned in the interview booklet. This was to assess how well we worked as part of a team, and our presentation skills. Good luck, it's a fairly relaxed process really. Hope it goes well.
Reply 4
Thank you! I feel calmer knowing I can't really revise for the literacy test :-) and thanks for the heads up about a group task.

One minute I feel quite calm and confident but then it flips and I feel sick with nerves. Just going to try and relax and enjoy the experience, I suppose they are trying to sell themselves to us as much as the other way around :-)
Reply 5
Thank you! I feel calmer knowing I can't really revise for the literacy test :-) and thanks for the heads up about a group task.

One minute I feel quite calm and confident but then it flips and I feel sick with nerves. Just going to try and relax and enjoy the experience, I suppose they are trying to sell themselves to us as much as the other way around :-)

Very true, and they do a good job of selling themselves too :wink:
They seem to be quite quick at responding after interview as well. I got an email the next day offering me a place.
I have an interview at Edge Hill next week too, so haven't accepted anything yet.

Are you applying for primary or secondary? My primary interview was very different to the above poster who applied for secondary.
I have an interview for early years at hope too on the 28th! Also have a primary one for edge hill next week. I'm exactly the same, one minute I'm calm then the next minute I feel so nervous and sick haha. Hopefully the interviews will go well though and aren't as scary as they seem:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Can you tell us a bit more about the Group presentation please?

I'm going for an interview mid March for Secondary Music.
Reply 9
Original post by vyeung04
Can you tell us a bit more about the Group presentation please?

I'm going for an interview mid March for Secondary Music.

Well there was a group activity which was mixed between people of different subjects, working in groups on a couple of tasks.
And then for chemistry there was a presentation of a lesson plan which was to the interviewers during the individual interview.

So for chemistry we didn't have a group presentation, it may be different for music, but I don't know.
How did you present your lesson plan? Did you do a PowerPoint presetation of it or did you just print out am a sheet and present it?
Reply 11
Can I ask what did they ask you in the interview please? I have an interview tomorrow there? PGCE Languages

Original post by G_Windy
My interview was for Secondary RE, so may not be the same as yours, but I assume it will follow a similar format. The 'literacy test' isn't really a test as such - we were given a sheet of paper to answer on with an instruction (e.g. 'What do you think are the key points from the article?':wink:, and given an orange sheet with a portion of an article relating to our subject (there were multiple different subject interviews taking place on my day), and then told we had 25 minutes to complete the task. It seemed to be more about spelling and grammar, rather than testing your literacy skills. There was also a group task, which wasn't mentioned in the interview booklet. This was to assess how well we worked as part of a team, and our presentation skills. Good luck, it's a fairly relaxed process really. Hope it goes well.
Reply 12
Can anybody tell me what they were asked in the interview? I have it tomorrow
Original post by snowdon
Can I ask what did they ask you in the interview please? I have an interview tomorrow there? PGCE Languages

Hi

Did you find out what they asked during the interview ? Hope your interview went well!

I have a Languages interview coming up too here!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending