Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone known someone that didn't meet the grade requirements for their uni but still got accepted?

Of course this depends on countless factors, and since I'm planning to do accountancy I pretty much have to get the right grades since I've heard it's highly popular and competitive as a course - this is just a what if scenario, I'm not planning on trying to do minimal work to get into uni!

I've received offers from; Surrey, Aston, Kent, Leicester and Portsmouth

My firm will most probably be Kent or Leicester whilst Portsmouth is the backup, although I really hope I don't have to go there (nothing against the uni, just don't like the thought of missing out on my firm)

Let's say my offer is ABB, and I get BBB what are the chances of still getting accepted into one of the above three?

TLDR - If you miss your offer by one grade (or even two?!), could you still get accepted?

ReputationRep:
    I know people who have still been let into their unis for quite competitive degrees even though they've missed their offer by A LOT, at the end of the day it comes down to if the uni want you as an individual. They'll be more likely to be flexible if you had a good personal statement than if you didn't.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 6, 2015

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.