uws adult nursing Watch

bootsy711
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
hi! I applied for adult nursing at the university of the west of Scotland at the beggining of November through Ucas, although I've still not heard anyrhing back not even an acknowledgment email does anyone have a rough idea when I might hear back about testing etc? thanks!
Beardy_collie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello, I've applied too however I only applied early last week...no acknowledgement email. Hope you'll hear something soon good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nikz.lewin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sometimes universities don't send acknowledgement emails but that doesn't mean they aren't considering you. I haven't heard anything back from anyone yet either so I wouldn't panic 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Beardy_collie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Okay, thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
shevonneuk
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi I was at testing session at UWS hamilton today, my email went to my junk mail!! Was seriously freaked out when I didn't receive email so I went searching and there it was!! Passed tests at testing session today so I have my interview in 3 wks x
bootsy711
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
thanks guys, I have my date for testing now

Posted from TSR Mobile
student_k
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I just received the interview and testing in a few weeks, I'm wondering what is on the tests though! panicking a little!

congrats on the interview though! (:
bootsy711
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
the testing really wasn't as bad as I expected so don't worry about it thank you !

Posted from TSR Mobile
watermelon90
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Testing wasnt as bad as I thought - just make sure to read the question carefully. There is only 6 questions for calc and 6 for non calculator and you only need 50% to pass so fingers crossed for you!
kerri.m
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Testing is pretty straight forward general level maths. Do some practice on bitesize or a past paper if you can get your hands on one. I did mine last week (UWS Ayr) and I have an interview in a couple of weeks time. Thankfully they don't take long to get back to you!
stace224
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
cant see anything in my junk mail for UWS yet.
shevonneuk
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by stace224)
cant see anything in my junk mail for UWS yet.
Where have you applied too?
stace224
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Paisley / Ayr for Uws and also GCU
shevonneuk
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by stace224)
Paisley / Ayr for Uws and also GCU
I have just applied for uws hamilton and GCU, desperately waiting lol!! Have you had your uws interview yet x
stace224
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Not yet, not even a date so think they have maybe forgotten about me! x
shevonneuk
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Honestly I wouldn't worry my friend and a few class mates are still waiting aswell x
shevonneuk
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Got a conditional offer tonight x
student_k
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Congratulations!! I bet you couldn't be happier!
How was the interview? I have mine on thursday and I was wondering what were some of the things they asked you? Was it really formal or were they more relaxed?

Once again congrats!
shevonneuk
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi I had a great interview very relaxed with a few questions....things like why do you want to nurse, what would make you a good a good nurse, why adult, how would you cope with course, what is personal care, what is the difference between a student nurse, my greatest achievement and nurse and a small question on confidentiality and that was it hope that helps....in amongst that I got asked about role of nmc x
student_k
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by shevonneuk)
Hi I had a great interview very relaxed with a few questions....things like why do you want to nurse, what would make you a good a good nurse, why adult, how would you cope with course, what is personal care, what is the difference between a student nurse, my greatest achievement and nurse and a small question on confidentiality and that was it hope that helps....in amongst that I got asked about role of nmc x
Oh okay, I am so so nervous, mine is tomorrow, I don't know what I am more worried about the test or the interview! I'm originally from Scotland, but I live in Singapore with my family, so I have travelled all the way down here for this. So they said that I can do the testing and if I pass, then I will have the interview straight afterwards.

You said what is the difference between a student nurse? the difference between a student nurse compared to what? You also said your greatest achievement and nurse? What does that mean?

You have been so helpful thank you so much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the West of Scotland
    Postgraduate Open Day - Dumfries Campus Postgraduate
    Tue, 26 Feb '19
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ayr Campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 28 Feb '19
    Postgraduate Open Day - Lanarkshire Campus Postgraduate
    Tue, 5 Mar '19

Are you chained to your phone?