As level Geog Edexcell, Need help! Watch

Wensl
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi guys I was just wondering if you could help me out by showing the best way to write a case study ,as I didn't do geography for GCSE.

Thanks
TSR Jessica
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get more responses. Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you
DaveUncle
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Wensl)
Hi guys I was just wondering if you could help me out by showing the best way to write a case study ,as I didn't do geography for GCSE.

Thanks
It depends what you mean by write a case study! Are you talking about the Unit 2 questions?
james.pavey
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thats a very generic questions, as different case studies require different information. But a basic case study needs background information (location, GDP, population etc), problems, impacts (SEEP), solutions and players involved.
Rubayyy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've found the best way to do mine is to do it on flash cards or on one piece of paper . For example for my arctic case study ive included on one page a fact file about how global warming has affected the Arctic with facts like population, sea level rise, temp rise ect.. Then i've gone on and made tables with ecological,environmental, economic impacts with a table next to it with given examples and a few figures
SianTee
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Don't forgot your stats as well, try and remember a couple for each case study (or at least one)... This will impress the examiners more
LamantChenille
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've always been taught to split a case study into four sections:

1. Background Information
2. Causes
3. Impacts (Split into social/economic/environmental and short/long term)
4. Solutions (Split into short/medium/long term)

Obviously the exact formula is slightly different depending on the precise case study.

One other tip I have is to only allow yourself to use two sides of an A4 page for your case study (unless your handwriting is huge!) as this forces you to condense your ideas down into easy to remember facts that will be of more use to you in an exam than massive paragraphs full of information.

I hope this helps, feel free to message me if you need more help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (135)
18.12%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (76)
10.2%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (128)
17.18%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (106)
14.23%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (74)
9.93%
How can I be the best version of myself? (226)
30.34%

Watched Threads