The Student Room Group

Were you educated at a private or state school?

Poll

Were you at state or private school?

Interested to know, the rough percentage on here.

I've been at state school all throughout my school life.
Reply 1
If you're including primary school ...
Went to a private school until year 6 then went to a grammar school (am in the same school for sixth form atm)
Reply 3
Original post by Kangie
Went to a private school until year 6 then went to a grammar school (am in the same school for sixth form atm)

I am
100% state
Original post by Kangie

Never quite got why people did that. Care to explain why?

I thought it makes more sense from a money sense, to send to a state primary school and a private secondary school?
Private primary, then state secondary (Grammar school, am still there for sixth form now).
Reply 7
The primary and secondary schools I went to were both state schools

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by The_Internet
Never quite got why people did that. Care to explain why?

I thought it makes more sense from a money sense, to send to a state primary school and a private secondary school?

I don't even know why my parents decided to send me to a private school :laugh: - I think they thought that private was better because better education and smaller classes so students could get more 1 on 1 attention?

Also why would you go to a private secondary school if you could get into a grammar school? Surely grammar schools are more highly regarded than private.
Went to private school. Very grateful about it too
Original post by Kangie
I don't even know why my parents decided to send me to a private school :laugh: - I think they thought that private was better because better education and smaller classes so students could get more 1 on 1 attention?

Also why would you go to a private secondary school if you could get into a grammar school? Surely grammar schools are more highly regarded than private.

Meh. Some grammar schools are better. Some are worse. Some private schools are TERRIBLE. If I had the money, yeah Id pay for private schools, though it kinda almost feels like a waste when you're at uni, and you see someoe in the same class as you, who's getting similar (or actually, worse) grades as/than you, but who was put through private education when you weren't

I guess it depends on the individual. Who knows.
Private, State, State, Private (secondary school),Grammar school, Back to Private secondary school/sixth form. I've moved about quite a lot thinking about it :P There is quite a distinct and striking difference between the two which I've only come to appreciate recently (i.e. why I moved back to Private after going to a Grammar school)
State primary, private secondary and Sixth Form. Very glad I went to a private secondary, and am now at a private Sixth Form (same school) - the opportunities on offer cannot be matched in the state sector - 1 on 1 teaching, knowing everyone in my year (school even), clubs and societies etc. It has been an amazing experience - I think only a proper Grammar school can match it.

Quick Reply

Latest