The Student Room Group

Really hating 6th form life right now

Hey guys, i was just wondering if anybody else feels like this. I feel as if my work load is too much and i never wan to go back to college after weekends or school holidays. I don't have any friends there as they all went to other collages and i feel quite lonely. If anyone has any tips or tricks to make it more bearable they would be gratefully received.
If you need A Levels to get the job you want, seek help from your teachers immediately
Reply 2
Original post by shawn_o1
If you need A Levels to get the job you want, seek help from your teachers immediately

I really do need A levels because i want to be a midwife or nurse. I have received help a couple times from my teachers but i didn't find it that helpful :frown:
Set yourself small goals and always try to organise an upcoming event that you're looking forward to, to keep you motivated. Try to keep in contact with your old friends and try to make some new ones, even if they're just people to take to at breaks/lunches. They don't have to be best friends but talking with people can brighten up your day. Also, in terms of work it's just better to do it sooner than later :smile:
Original post by sheercaan
I really do need A levels because i want to be a midwife or nurse. I have received help a couple times from my teachers but i didn't find it that helpful :frown:

If it's not teachers, how about fellow students who understand the topics slightly better?
Reply 5
Original post by shawn_o1
If it's not teachers, how about fellow students who understand the topics slightly better?

I haven't thought about that. I will try it.
Thankyou
Reply 6
Original post by Chucklevisionary
Set yourself small goals and always try to organise an upcoming event that you're looking forward to, to keep you motivated. Try to keep in contact with your old friends and try to make some new ones, even if they're just people to take to at breaks/lunches. They don't have to be best friends but talking with people can brighten up your day. Also, in terms of work it's just better to do it sooner than later :smile:

I do keep in contact with a few but they always say how much they love college and how many new friends they've made and i feel a little jealous tbh. There 2 girls who i know and we eat together and stuff but they're not good friends with me really. I do try and mostly do work when its set but its just i can never be bothered. I think to myself that im gonna get a bad grade anyway so whats the point. I feel like it consumes my life and never lets me have any free time

Quick Reply

Latest