Prina_R
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi! I am doing edexcel govpol..I was wondering if someone could help me with the structure for my 10markers and 25markers..for my exam I am doing pressure groups, democracy and elections
is there one structure for both? So I can use that structure on each essay?

Thanks!
Speckydave
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi,
For 10 mark questions I don't have an introduction or conclusion I set it out usually as 3 reasons with an explanation each (in PEEL form). Also most 10 mark questions seem to ask you for 3 reasons or features anyway.
For 25 markers, I start with an introduction that usually summarises the focus of the question and perhaps includes my judgement (for example if the question was 'To what extent do elections in the UK produce a representative government?' I would include what a representative government is and perhaps my judgement for the question). After this I write 5 paragraphs explaining 5 different reasons, making sure to balance my argument. For example, say the question was 'To what extent to pressure groups undermine democracy?' I would probably choose 3 reasons that they do not undermine democracy (such as holding government accountable, representing the public, educating and informing the public on political issues) and then choose 2 reasons that they do undermine democracy (such as they often have an undemocratic structure, some groups like bankers' groups wield disproportionate influence). Then I would write my conclusion and I would sum up the arguments and evidence I have written about and make a judgement on how far pressure groups undermine democracy.

Also, make sure to include examples in your answers like if a question asked about referendums make sure to talk about specific referendums eg. 1975 EC referendum in your answer.

Hope this helps
Prina_R
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thankyou! For the 10markers I also seem to get 7or8/10 and with the 25markers I get C's which is 15/25 or 16/25

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (617)
33.75%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (768)
42.01%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (362)
19.8%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (81)
4.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed