Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey there
    I've applied and had an interview at Cambridge and a friend has applied and had an interview at Oxford and we're both freaked out by the fact that they send physical letters a few days before emailing because let's be honest, post is slow :/

Was just wondering if as soon as you get an offer your UCAS status changes or if it will only change once you get the actual letter/once all letters and emails are sent off?

ReputationRep:
    Nope UCAS changes about 2-3 weeks later... the post arrived for most people the day after it got sent out... for unlucky people like me... it came a very nervous 3 days later! But having a letter in your hands is nicer than UCAS anyway...

ReputationRep:
    Last year for Cambridge they sent out the letters on a friday and most people got them on the saturday. My UCAS took weeks to update so you'll almost definitely get the letter first

ReputationRep:
    Ahh damn :/ oh well, thanks for answering guys ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saibhandari)
    Hey there
    I've applied and had an interview at Cambridge and a friend has applied and had an interview at Oxford and we're both freaked out by the fact that they send physical letters a few days before emailing because let's be honest, post is slow :/

Was just wondering if as soon as you get an offer your UCAS status changes or if it will only change once you get the actual letter/once all letters and emails are sent off?

Generally it's right that you hear direct from Oxford or Cambridge long before Track updates. However, Cambridge have got a bit faster on this one in recent years, and so we have seen examples of people getting the first news of the outcome of their application via Track rather than from the college. This usually happened when there was some delay (ie more than a couple of days) in getting the college letter to the applicant. As there have been some changes to the Cambridge process this year, it's impossible to say what will happen about updating Track, especially as this already varies between colleges.

Oddly enough, although the post sometimes holds things up, the vast majority of UK applicants do get their letter the following day after the posting date.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by saibhandari)
    Hey there

According to my letter, St. Anne's (Oxford) says they will update Track by the end of January.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chlorophile)
    According to my letter, St. Anne's (Oxford) says they will update Track by the end of January.
    Thanks! (run out of rep or something?)

I hope this is university wide and Corpus changes Track soon too. I know it doesn't actually matter that much, but it'd just be confirmation that this isn't some sort of cruel Oxonian joke!

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.