teen girl gamers making YouTube videos? thoughts? Watch

anaasks
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am a teen girl who has grown up playing games and I like the idea of sharing my content online! However I have came across YouTube girl gamers and find them boring whereas there are so many male youtube gamers I find hilarious! I'm interested in anyone's views on why male gamers are more successful and generally more entertaining? Also, I want to work in radio and so I dunno whether to include this interest by opting for a commentary of a random topic (ideas???) Or just record my voice reactions to the game?
Let me know your views and age/gender so I can see any difference in opinions thanks guys!
morgan8002
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have noticed that most of the more entertaining channels are male-based, but I don't know whether it's just luck that it happened like that. I don't see why a girl couldn't do something similar.

As for most popular, I think that that many viewers will be influenced by the male gamer stereotype. A lot of viewers will be mentally biased towards this stereotype, so may gravitate towards it. Because of this I think it would be harder to start and gain traction than a male-gaming channel would be.

Male, 17
iAmanze
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Twitch.tv
Go there, stream with a webcam and for the mere fact you're a girl they will watch.

Men have to have interesting content to be popular, women need to have that or even easier just a pretty face/breasts.
bittr n swt
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah I think males are much better at video game YouTube stuff just the way it is but I think if you have a partner it could be interesting
AstroNandos
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by iAmanze)
Twitch.tv
Go there, stream with a webcam and for the mere fact you're a girl they will watch.

Men have to have interesting content to be popular, women need to have that or even easier just a pretty face/breasts.
This is a good point. Males need to stand out from the crowd amongst the thousands of other males doing the same thing if they want to be big on YouTube, where as girls seem to get more support just because of the fact that they're a girl. And there are also far more male commentators on youtube than females
noorii
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by anaasks)
I am a teen girl who has grown up playing games and I like the idea of sharing my content online! However I have came across YouTube girl gamers and find them boring whereas there are so many male youtube gamers I find hilarious! I'm interested in anyone's views on why male gamers are more successful and generally more entertaining? Also, I want to work in radio and so I dunno whether to include this interest by opting for a commentary of a random topic (ideas???) Or just record my voice reactions to the game?
Let me know your views and age/gender so I can see any difference in opinions thanks guys!
I'm also a girl gamer and have thought about making youtube videos in the past but I think its hard for any person girl or boy to start youtube now when there are so many more popular people out there especially gamers (ksi, syndicate, vikkstar123, theradbrad etc) I think people just gravitate to watching them because they're easier to find on youtube. If you were to start out now I think you would have to do something differently that other gaming youtubers aren't doing and be enthusiastic when playing because people watch for your personality over everything, ijustine is a gamer but tbh she really isn't that good at the games she plays but because she's funny she gets views. When you're playing, play with friends and make sure you can hear their voices also, it's more fun watching videos where its the youtuber and their friends having a laugh, I personally prefer those types of videos to commentary ones, even if it's just you playing live it's better than commentaries. It also depends on what games you play? Multiplayer games such as cod and battlefield are a lot easier to make videos on. And what console do you play on? or maybe you play on PC which I have no experience with, and not many people on youtube play PC games and are popular, the only one I can think of is TBNRfrags.

I would say go for it, if you want to do commentaries then do it, but it could be hard to find topics to talk about and you don't want it to seem like you've ran out of stuff at some point and have just thought of the most random topic lol.

I'm 22 btw
AlphaDog0127
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm female and 18 and watch both male and female gamers on YouTube, KPopps GTA videos made me LOL so hard, I find her commentary hilarious. I definitely prefer ones with a commentary to those without... I think to be successful on YouTube - regardless of gender - you have to spend a lot of time editing the videos or just adding bits and pieces to make them look 'professional' so people are more likely to click on it :/ things like nice endslates and intros/intro music or phrase etc SHAYTARDS (not gamers, but vloggers) in my opinion, have a nice format for their videos. If you're going to do a commentary why not just comment on the game/what you think of it and then if you go off on a tangent make it sound like you're actually talking to your audience.

Once thing I've noticed is that the guys seem more willing to make a fool of themselves whereas girls not so much... maybe that's why more people find it entertaining, especially if their viewers are younger.
Pedd
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What lies between your legs shouldn't carry your content. In the case of many female gamer youtubers they allow just that. They plaster their faces over otherwise generic crap more often than not.

Focus on being witty, critical, skilled, whatever you want really. Just do it well. People will flock to your channel if you do!

I prefer critical content, such as Totalbiscuit's, over the less mature stuff like Pew die Pie's. Pick whatever you'll have the most fun doing, however.

anaasks
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
thanks for the response ppl! iAmanze; I'm thinking of the whole twitch idea! watch gamers on it but your right there's not a lot of girl gamers compared to the saturation of male gamers so I'm thinking to get some feedback and see what sort of response I get, twitch seems like a good start - thanks for all the replies it's cool to see what different content ppl prefer to watch! I mainly am into pc and xbox but I'm gonna say clear of fps/fifa games to begin with since everyone does them, and I also find the multiplayer gamers a bit more entertaining but I'm keeping this YouTube idea on the down low atm. Any of u girl gamers got YouTube/twitch gaming accounts links I can check out ?
GodAtum
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
just stream on twitch and wear a low cut top while stroking yr pussy, like this http://www.twitch.tv/goodgirlmiwa/c/4548775
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (153)
59.3%
No I haven't decided yet (60)
23.26%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.44%

Watched Threads