This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Hi all.
Tuesday June 10th was my last exam. After that exam i had a 5 day break. Normally when people have their major exams in the summer and are over and done with they go on their summer holiday break which lasts about 2 months. But no not for me. I have to come back to sixth form for another 4 weeks to start the second year of A2 early. I mean i just finished 8 AS exams and i was going through alot of stress because of the exams. Now that the exams have finished it would make sense that we start our summer holidays but intstead we have to start the A2 early which puts us through more stress. This then narrows my summer holidays down to 6-7 weeks. Whereas other people i know are having 2 months of holidays.

Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Erm..

I have 6 weeks of A2, then a 4 week holiday - because my school has a 5 Term year. Count yourself lucky.
hilly
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well I would say its the same for everyone. It would be stupid not to start your A2's as afterall thats what most people are aiming to get. AS's are just some exams inbetween. Don't stress over it...you'll have the sixth form to yourself for a while with no year 13's.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
You should b grateful that your teachers are willing to go out their way to teach you!!!
Not bloody complain!!
At the end of the day its in your best interest....
College aint compulsory...if dont want to go den you dont have to......and 7 bloody weeks is alot!!!!!
It'sPhil...
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Surely getting a 4 or 5 week headstart is a good thing?? Just think of it as easing the pressure next June and giving you more time to revise for your A2s.

Also dont complain you only had a 5 day break - I was back at school a week before my last exam - everyone else had finished weeks ago but I still had P2 and M2 to do. I havent had a break at all and wont get one for another 5 weeks now.
bones
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I agree, it's not that bad. I seriously doubt the teachers will be moving you at full speed anyway - they're human aswell and are looking forward to summer hols just as much! There was quite a relaxed atmosphere for us last year as I remember, and lots of space with no yr13s. Anyway I think everyone would agree that an early start on your A2 year is definitely a GOOD thing!
bloodhound
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
happned to me last year. so ur not the only one. and maybe its for your own good. if u start early u dont have to work so hard afterwards. and beleive me A2 are hard
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I had to go back for a few weeks after I finished my AS exams.. much preferred that to wasting time at home. It does help starting the A2 stuff early, as long as you practice it over summer (at least for Maths anyway, cos otherwise you'll end up forgetting it).
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by bloodhound
happned to me last year. so ur not the only one. and maybe its for your own good. if u start early u dont have to work so hard afterwards. and beleive me A2 are hard
v true
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
And the people before us who did the old A-levels had 2 years before they got a break. Count yourself lucky you got 5 days to wind down. They may not have had to do AS exams at the end of year 12, but they had an awful lot more at the end.
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
stop complaining!!!

year 12 in my school get the half day before theire exam off and thats it. and they were doing a2 work during their exams.

and if u think 8 exams are a lot, then your living in a strange world.

love Katy ***
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 16 years ago
I would kill to take just 8 exams!!!

This year I took 6 papers on the same day ( thankyou EdExcel)!!!!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I had/have 19. So shut the **** up.
rowei
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered
Hi all.
Tuesday June 10th was my last exam. After that exam i had a 5 day break. Normally when people have their major exams in the summer and are over and done with they go on their summer holiday break which lasts about 2 months. But no not for me. I have to come back to sixth form for another 4 weeks to start the second year of A2 early. I mean i just finished 8 AS exams and i was going through alot of stress because of the exams. Now that the exams have finished it would make sense that we start our summer holidays but intstead we have to start the A2 early which puts us through more stress. This then narrows my summer holidays down to 6-7 weeks. Whereas other people i know are having 2 months of holidays.

I sympathise, but you must remember that there is a lot of work on the A2 syllabus to cover, and at least by starting it early, you are less likely to have a last minute rush next year.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I had 19 exams too. So don't whinge about 8. Plus you can retake yours next year if you don't do that well. I can't.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
people are dying in africa, you'll go to hell for this thread!
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I had about 10, as well as starting my A2. I know compared to other people that isnt much, and also i only have 2 and a half weeks of A2 (in last week now), wo i'm lucky. Its a shame that we can't have the break straight after the AS exams, and then start A2 early (early to mid august or somthing), because that would be easier.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (301)
34.28%
No (577)
65.72%

Watched Threads