Too mature for my age? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
For some time now I've been realizing that i'm divergent to my friends and social circle, i'm 18 and my friends are also around that age. The only thing they seem to talk about is sex, drugs/alcohol and relationships. I don't particularly like to drink and have smoked weed on occasion but don't see the need for it, furthermore i don't appear to be fixated on sex and relationships as much as my friends are.

The things i enjoy are; video games, computer science, philosophy and physics. In my entire life I've only had one friend who's been analogous
to me but he had the liberty of relocating to the US for university.

I find it irritating to have conversations with them as they would perpetually ask "what girl you looking to knock up tonight" or "how many shots of vodka can you handle". The only explication i can think of is to find new friends though i'm especially socially awkward when meeting new people, furthermore I've known some of these people in excess of 10 years. Right now i'm simply trusting them to mature within the next while however that doesn't generally appear to be likely.

Has anyone else had a comparable problem? and is this a common occurrence while growing up?
realunited
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Totally understand how you feel...but are you in university or in school?
I do have friends who feel the same way when they were at school but in the end they go to a competitive course and uni where like minded mature people are their ....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by VinitJ)
Totally understand how you feel...but are you in university or in school?
I do have friends who feel the same way when they were at school but in the end they go to a competitive course and uni where like minded mature people are their ....

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm in my first year of university and some of my friends are too. The rest are retaking their Alevels.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have any savings?

Yes (111)
72.08%
No (43)
27.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise