Undecided on career path Watch

This discussion is closed.
Missc7336
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello. For over 2 years I had an idea to do nursing as a career path, although I am undecided between nursing sector or dental sector. I am more or less leaning towards dentistry but still unsure. Currently studying health and social care at college. Anyone have any ideas?:tsr:
Posted from TSR Mobile
apple32
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
They are two very different options. With being a dentist, you only have to worry about the person's teeth and gums. If you become a nurse, you are dealing with their emotional health as well as their physical health. If you want to help people, I think you might get more satisfaction from going into nursing.

Have you considered job shadowing at a dental office? Try to get an internship in a hospital to see if nursing is for you (or if you like working in a hospital). You could also find dentists and nurses to interview about their job.
Missc7336
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by apple32)
They are two very different options. With being a dentist, you only have to worry about the person's teeth and gums. If you become a nurse, you are dealing with their emotional health as well as their physical health. If you want to help people, I think you might get more satisfaction from going into nursing.

Have you considered job shadowing at a dental office? Try to get an internship in a hospital to see if nursing is for you (or if you like working in a hospital). You could also find dentists and nurses to interview about their job.
Thank you very much for replying to this post.i had kind of given up that anyone would help. UPDATE: I am currently on placement in a local minor hospital. My previous placement was at a care home. Both I liked but still unsure. I had met with a ex dentist and she gave me a name of the manager. Im stuck for time to write to him. But im hoping to get it done sooner rather than later. I still would like someone to help make a decision as it is close to applications end dates.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Marihayaty
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Honestly nursing is a very hard job and it may come with depression with seeing people in a unstable place dentistry path is very good but if you have a passion for nursing and it’s make you happy then it’s good just giving you advice being in a dentist environment is very reserve
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (57)
19.39%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (119)
40.48%
Nope, not that interesting (118)
40.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise